Update coming monday the 1st??
adamamazing

so i just got off the phone with tier 2 tech service.my phone even after a factory reset will not get the last 2 updates.he said samsung is forcing a new update monday that "will" fix everything.

all i know is that after not being able to get the Charge because they were out of stock at my stores warehouse i better get a new phone when this update doesnt work.if not verizon will be one customer less.

0 Likes
Re: Update coming monday the 1st??
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

If its ED05 it is already out.  And not to burst anyone's bubble there are no updates that fix all.  These devices are like computers, there is always a little bug !

0 Likes
cjr4497

my fascinate bricked after the last update and i am waiting on a "new" fascinate to come in. the rep at the store informed me of the swap but when he tried to get it for me they told him they weren't doing it anymore becasue of an update coming august 2nd that was supposed to fix any and all problems with the fascinate.

we will see. i have a love hate relationship with this phone. i am on my third one and if it breaks again i am not getting another one!

0 Likes
cas1stam

I just got off the off with tech support, I did the new update. So far I've gotten all my text messages. Hopefully it stays that way!

0 Likes
cyron10k

I got an update overnight, 8/2-8/3  Today, after a full day at work, with normal minimal useage, my battery is at 85% when typically it had been anywhere from low 60's to 40's after the Froyo 2.2 update.  First day only but maybe the battery issue has actually been resolved, or at least drastically improved.  

0 Likes
graysayer

I have kept the original version of software because of all the problems with the updates.

Please post to let us know if this has fixed the issues.

Thanks

0 Likes
cyron10k

My only real problem prior to the most recent update was battery life.  After three days with the new update, my battery life has definitely improved.  

0 Likes
LenaA_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you to the community members for the great information provided. 

We put every effort to provide enhancements that will assist our customers with their every day life-styles. I am glad to know that your battery life has improved.

Thank you, 

0 Likes