Update in Canada
mike7231

OK I was looking around and saw Telus from Canada has a Fascinate they have a stock fascinate with the add
Upgrade your Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate™ 3G+ to Android 2.2 today!
So can any body from Verizon tell us where the hell is our update..

0 Likes
Re: Update in Canada
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

It's a Fascinate but is slightly different from ours.  Looks like the Telus Fascinate is GSM and has a different version of touchwiz.  iirc all of the Canadian versions were upgraded in January and the US is just late to the party. 

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you PJNC284 for the information provided in that the Telus Fascinate is a GMS device. The update done by Samsung was for the GSM devices. We are standing by for the manufacture to release the CDMA Version 2.2 update. When this update becomes available, it will be pushed out to the Fascinate phones. We apologize for any delay as this issue is being addressed.

Thank You,

edw@vzwsupport   

0 Likes
roachman55
Enthusiast - Level 2

{please keep your posts courteous} that's all we hear same old crap!

0 Likes
MaxBuck
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you, EdW_VZW, for confirming that Verizon intends to push Version 2.2 once you have it stable enough.  I personally prefer that you have a stable OS issued later, rather than an unstable one issued earlier.  (Others obviously prefer otherwise, which is their prerogative.)

0 Likes
Sweetie1215

MaxBuck wrote:

Thank you, EdW_VZW, for confirming that Verizon intends to push Version 2.2 once you have it stable enough.  I personally prefer that you have a stable OS issued later, rather than an unstable one issued earlier.  (Others obviously prefer otherwise, which is their prerogative.)

I couldn't agree with you more.

0 Likes
gsp10
All Verizon employees are like robots they repeat the same stuff over and over again the eclair isnt really all perfect so a froyo that isnt all that perfect is just fine with me as long as it doesn't brick my phone:/
0 Likes