Update messed up my phone - Samsung Galaxy 8
STAHEA13

Following an update this AM, I was texting my son. Mid-text, a pop-up message came up saying my update was successful. Since that happened, I have been unable to text him. It somehow corrupted my contact. I have deleted and re-entered him multiple times, I have restarted my phone 4+ times, I removed the SIM card and restarted it, I cleared my cache, I had him delete our conversation strain and I did the same, I had him check to see if I was blocked, I have scoured the internet and cannot find any similar issues. Somehow this update completed corrupted my ability to text my child. Short of whipping the phone at the wall and getting a new one, does anyone have any suggestions? HELP!!!

0 Likes
Re: Update messed up my phone - Samsung Galaxy 8
stef7
Master - Level 2

When you said you cleared the cache, was that an Application Cache Clear (via the Settings menu)? Or was it a System Cache Wipe (via the System Recovery / Boot menu)? You want to perform the second.

Look here for instructions:

How To Wipe Cache Partition On Samsung Galaxy S8 | Technobezz

If that doesn't work for you - back up your personal content to a PC, and perform a Factory Device Reset, aka Factory Data Reset (FDR).

Good luck.

0 Likes