Update notification
Bobby50Jones
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an update available on my phone, i have the 04 version now what is the new, do i wait or what?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Update notification
indianafanatic
Enthusiast - Level 3

It aight not have been the update you were hoping for, but at least you learned something new about your phone!  :smileyhappy:  If you think the question was answered, you might mark the post as 'solved' so as let the VZW spend their time on the "Fascinate Fix"!  lol 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Herbb623
Contributor - Level 3

really ???

ED04 is current, latest OTA version.

There are 'rumors' of an impending ED05 which supposedly fixes things like missed calls, missed texts

and possibly improves battery life.

I have 3 Fascinates. None showing an update yet.

But sure do want it !!!!!  HOPEFULLY, this is it !

0 Likes
Bobby50Jones
Enthusiast - Level 2

I haven't tried it , after reading on here, I want to make sure it will work, so waiting for others, it is in my notification at the top and it says updates available.

0 Likes
Herbb623
Contributor - Level 3

OK.  Thanks.

I'm going to give it a day or 2 myself.  But if no news by the weekend, and if available for me,

one of my 3 Fascinates is going to have to 'volunteer'.  : - )

0 Likes
Bobby50Jones
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know what you mean,i dont want my phone messed up it works fairly well as is. if the gingerbread i may do it.

0 Likes
indianafanatic
Enthusiast - Level 3

Bobby50Jones wrote:

I haven't tried it , after reading on here, I want to make sure it will work, so waiting for others, it is in my notification at the top and it says updates available.

The message is in your notification bar?  Does is it happen to have alittle shopping bag icon to the left of it?  If so, that is just the Android Market telling you that some of your applications have updates available.

0 Likes
Bobby50Jones
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just checked it looks like a shopping bag with the android symble in it. so probably noe from verizon.I am  new to the phone and software.

0 Likes
Bobby50Jones
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did an update and it was two of my market apps thanks, i got my hopes up.

0 Likes
indianafanatic
Enthusiast - Level 3

It aight not have been the update you were hoping for, but at least you learned something new about your phone!  :smileyhappy:  If you think the question was answered, you might mark the post as 'solved' so as let the VZW spend their time on the "Fascinate Fix"!  lol 

0 Likes
mytoy
I just got the ED5 update on my phone and just downloaded it. I hope this fixes all our problems.
0 Likes