Update
dakotabear

How do I get the update for the Samsung Fascinate? I'm hoping this will prevent me from popping the battery out every few days so I can receive my emails. Also, when I send an email through my phone, it just goes to a drafts to be sent folder, but never gets sent...even when I try to send from that folder.  Is there a setting I need to adjust so I can send emails from my phone? Thanks so much! :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Re: Update
Karissa

Ugh my email does that too with picture ones. I synced my yahoo to the email app and I have to go in to the outgoing, check the box next to it and tap the send outgoing messages box. So if youre doing the yahoo one that might help. I don't send ones with my gmail acct as much so I don't know. As far as the update (froyo) no news that I've come across gives a date yet. And on top of that my 3G has been really {word filter avoidance}
the past few days?

0 Likes
Stein5830
Enthusiast - Level 3

" As far as the update (froyo) no news that I've come across gives a date yet. "

All they keep saying is as soon as it ready we are working on it.... same crap, different day. {edit for TOS violation}

... getting sick of waiting.

"And on top of that my 3G has been really {word filter avoidance}
the past few days?"

I am from SFL and my 3G service has been horrible for a week but I have not had a chance to call them about it yet. As soon as I do ill let you know. 

I read on the forum that some Fascinates have bad reception and need to be replaced... just search the forum.

As for the email issues...  it depends on who are sending emails with... make sure to check your outgoing port settings with your provider. An easy solution is to delete the email account and add again.

0 Likes
August03
Contributor - Level 3

You can follow the link below to make sure your email settings are set properly.

http://support.vzw.com/pdf/email_setup/fascinate.pdf

0 Likes