Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Updates Failing - Server Unavailable
Herbb623
Contributor

OOPS  - Forgot to turn on IE compatability mode... SORRY for the double post !!!

Have 3 fascinates.   2 would OTA just fine.  one would not.

Kept getting 'Server Unavailable'  Code: 500.

Tried soft resets, factory resets, battery pulls. Nothing fixed it.

Called Verizion customer support, had them transfer me to 'tech support'.

Told them the problem, they wanted to send a refurbed phone.  Told then no thank you.

Told them first...Please' deactivate' my problem phone..  then immediately 'reactive' my probem phone.

They seemed unsure, but did it for me anyway.

Took 2 minutes.   When done I turned on phone, did the *228 Option 1 to program.

Then went back to about...system updates..Check new and  VOILA   Phone updated to ED04 just fine !!!

Told tech rep they really need to share this little trick with all tech reps !!  Heck of a lot simpler

than sending out new phone !!

Anway...live and learn : - )

0 Likes