Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
V-Cast Media Manager
nmark69

Tried to download V-Cast Media Manager to my PC, which has a 64 bit OS.   Apparently,  the V-Cast Media Manager is compatible only with 32-bit OS's?? 

Does anyone know if Verizon has a 64-bit version available???

Thanks!

Re: V-Cast Media Manager
August03
Novice

Here is the requirements of your computer for V Cast Media Manager below:

V CAST Media Manager

What are the system requirements for V CAST Media Manager?

The V CAST Media Manager application requires 400 MB of free hard disk space and an available USB port.

Recommended system requirements:

• Windows Vista or XP Service Pack 2
  • Windows Media Player 10, or higher, for Windows XP and Vista
  • Support is not available for Mac or Linux operating systems at this time
  • Quicktime 7 or higher 

This link will take you to the information above 

http://support.vzw.com/clc/faqs/V%20CAST%20Media%20Manager/faq.html?grp=1&faq=8

0 Likes
Re: V-Cast Media Manager
bigbruno

I wondered about that as well. It doesn't tell you anywhere in there that it is only compatible with 32-bit OS's, just which OS's it will work with, and you don't find out that it won't work with 64-bit until you try installing it. Fortunately for me, I run two desktops through a KVM, and one is running Win7 64-bit, the other Win7 32-bit, so I can just transfer the files from one computer to the other, and then just use the one with 32-bit for managing the files on my phone. I know others aren't as fortunate though, and are only running one computer with 64-bit on it, or multiple computers all running 64-bit. It would be nice if there was a 64-bit version of the Media Manager released at some point.

0 Likes