Re: V GNex EOL, 4.2.1 (and 4.2.2/5.0)
zombielove69
Contributor - Level 1

FYI to Verizon Reps and Customer Service Samsung has nothing to do with the updates to the Galaxy Nexus, solely between Google and Verizon only

0 Likes
stevesixty8

<Post deleted to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
spearfish
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too appreciate a response from Verizon and I would love and appreciate another response to this post.  Verizon, please respond.  Getting an update is not just a "want" but it's a need for enhanced security patches, improved radio communication and potentially improved battery life. 

stevesixty8

My GN rocks with JB.  GIYF.

0 Likes
Thunderbolt26
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's all Verizon is going to keep doing is posting that link....... it was the same with the cutting edge thunderbolt.... Verizon the place where smartphones come to Die....

0 Likes
DoctorDeDroid
Contributor - Level 2

And rightly so... The empire of mediocrity this crappy company represents is starting to show cracks :

http://www.northjersey.com/news/193202871_AT_OnStar_contract.html?mobile=1&ic=1

of course only someone who could care less about money would actually pay for OnStar when they have a smartphone.

0 Likes
Solitaire605
Enthusiast - Level 2

The only insight I have is that:

1 Google has decided that theses are VZW phones & will be solely supported by Verizon (Call Android with a VZW Nexus problem & they will refer you to VZW).

2 VZW does not make as much money on a continuing month to month contract as they would on selling a new phone with a new 2 year contract.

3 VZW & Samsung have to invest resources in updating (or even patching) with NO return on investment other than customer satisfaction on EOL devices (if you no longer sell it you can not make money off of it).

4 VZW's credit (how much they can borrow) is based on physical assets & customers under contract minus non-profitable ventures (ie software updates for EOL devices).

5 VZW has stockholders to answer to to keep profitability as high as possible (even if it costs a few customers).

6 VZW counts on the fact it is easier for you to buy a new phone from them than to put up with your current phones deficiencies or move to another carrier.

7 Typically you can upgrade at 20 months or wait 4 more months to leave your current contract (or pay the early termination fee).

8 Murphy's law states: You will have the same basic issues with your new carrier &/or phone (even though you hope things will be different).

gsmitchell
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey Infotainment,thanks for trying to get an answer.  I have posted something similar, but with less results.  Seems as though any of the VzW reps that try to answer questions don't have any information on release schedules so we will probably just have to wait until it shows up.  Or, choose other options for software.

0 Likes