Verizon EA28 Update
Dad-Bill
Contributor - Level 1

I just did an update from Verizon on my fascinate. It is the EA28 update. It looks like it disabled the "set unlock pattern" option for the cell phone security. It didn't take them long to write the program to disable the security. Would have been much better if they wrote the proper fix for the 911 / set unlock pattern problem!

Looks like another band aid for a gaping wound! Instead of working on the trivial options, just GET FROYO RELEASED!!!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon EA28 Update
Suburban78
Contributor - Level 1
I Was hoping that they would fix the double caps during text input. That would be asking to much! Some **bleep** problem with emergency call button, that must be fixed right away. They have the ability to compleat these updates in a timely manner but choose not to for some unknown reason. Thanks big red
0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

lol. so all they did was block you from enabling the pattern lock instead of fixing the issue? brilliant.

0 Likes
mattyp123

This update has cut my performance basically in half.  SmartBench before this update rendered 950 productivity 1957 gaming.  Now I get 500 productivity and 1300 gaming... what the heck verizon, cut the crap here... if you are going to fix something please fix it correctly, or maybe you could just release 2.2 and make your customers happy for once...

This is just about a 100% reduction in performance before and after the update.  The reason I decided to test it is that I was starting to notice a little lag.  Hopefully you will rectify this problem, as this makes the samsung fascinate about as performant as a LG Optimus.

0 Likes
JJHan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since installing this update I have noticed no difference in performance, granted I am a light user.

But I did notice one thing (at least for me), the usb connection is back to pre-DL09 days.

No longer do I see the intermediate VZW CD and time lag. The usb indicator shows immediately

in the notification area and I just mount it.

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

Works fine on mine after the update.

0 Likes
Gnomad
Enthusiast - Level 2

My pattern lock and emergency dial worked before the EA28 update and still works after the update.

0 Likes
roachman55
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just got the text from VZW an hour ago about the update. Do we need to do it Im not sure what it does my phone unlocks to answer calls and to call.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

It has a couple other fixes but the emergency call  thing only applies to those who have a screen lock set in the security settings. The other changes can be found here

0 Likes
roachman55
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Pjnc284 right after I wrote about it I heard my phone powering off then on and I checked it and it said the update was added by Verizon. I thought I had the option of doing it by them texting me ealier but wont complain being you said it had other fixes too.  Thanks

0 Likes