Verizon Galaxy Nexus officially the only nexus device without Jelly Bean
bevochan
Enthusiast - Level 3

I hate Verizon.

I can't wait until my contract is over.  Still contemplating eating the cost of breaking my contract. 

For Galaxy Nexus owners, is anyone going to renew their contract?  Not me.

Re: Verizon Galaxy Nexus officially the only nexus device without Jelly Bean
cjcrago
Enthusiast - Level 1

The only reason I am going to stay with verizon is to keep my unlimited data.  I won't be renewing my contract however and just purchase phones through sources such as Google so I won't lose my unlimited data.  If it wasn't for that I would be switching.  I don't understand how such a large company can be so daft when it comes to making customers happy.  Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

DarthHelmet
Enthusiast - Level 3

Certainly not going to renew with Verizon and I'm in the same boat about jumping ship early.  Depending on the prices, specs, and manufactures of the next crop of Nexus devices will determine if and when I jump ship early.  Never again will I be on a cellular contract or use a locked phone.  Verizon may claim to have the best network, but the other networks are not nearly as bad as Verizon's handling of the Nexus.  The BS about the delays be caused by "extensive" testing sure did a lot of good for the Nexus. Shortly after launch day OTA for bug fixes and then 4.0.4 delayed for 5 months just to get a somewhat more usable radio set.  At least if a straight from Google Nexus has an issue you can expect it to be fixed in days or weeks, not months.

0 Likes
dcmed1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon claims they have the best network, and that is another Verizon lie. I'm sitting in my house in the middle of their 4g map and guess what. I'm lucky if I can get a 3g connection. Verizon does nothing but lie.

CHRIS42060
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm the same way I am hanging on to Verizon until they allow me to no longer have unlimited data.  I will also be buying any new phones at full price (and NOT from Verizon).  I would actually assume if they do take away unlimited data for everyone it won't be until around June of 2014 though.  At that point everyone who still has unlimited data will be finishing up their two year contracts.  If they make the forced change before then the customers will be under contract but those who use a lot of data could use that at a means to get out of their contract without the termination fees.  I doubt Verizon's greed would let that happen.  They are becoming less and less customer minded. 

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

cjcrago wrote:

The only reason I am going to stay with verizon is to keep my unlimited data.  I won't be renewing my contract however and just purchase phones through sources such as Google so I won't lose my unlimited data.  If it wasn't for that I would be switching.  I don't understand how such a large company can be so daft when it comes to making customers happy.  Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Staying with Verizon Wireless and purchasing phones from Google are mutually exclusive (as of now), because Google only sells GSM phones, not CDMA phones.

0 Likes
bevochan
Enthusiast - Level 3

I hate how Verizon hasn't made any announcements for the Jelly Bean update.  If they were to say something like, "Jelly Bean update will be released for Galaxy Nexus in December" (presumably to add VZW bloatware and remove google wallet and android beam), although I'll still be mad, but at least it's something.

To call this phone a Galaxy "NEXUS" is DECEITFUL. 

harder

To stay on verizon just for unlimited data isnt very smart unless verizon is the only ones with 4g in the area.  Im prob going to switch after my contract is up because i want to upgrade and not pay 700 for a damb phone that is crazy shit the 300 i paid for my nexus was way to much.  Get a tablet for that with a 9" screen (new kindle fire hd 1080p) Plus sprint uscellular tmoble atat all are getting there 4g lte up and going and they are opening up a lot of markets this year. Sprint and tmoble both still have unlimited data plans tmoble has 4g in the area i live in already and sprint will be coming by the end of the year so my booty will be gone with my contract

0 Likes
Thaxted
Enthusiast - Level 1

I won't renew when my contract is up and if it wasn't I have three lines I'd take the bullet. Verizon bill itself as the best yet they consistently disappoint us in service and let the so called number two service providers beat them to rolling out Jellybean Android 4.1 Shame on you Big Red you are in my opinion and apparently a lot of peoples opinion a second class provider, You've ruined the Nexus experience and lagged on your commitment to your subscribers to be the best.

0 Likes
CHRIS42060
Enthusiast - Level 3

As much as I loathe Verizon I doubt Sprint's LTE coverage will be very stellar.  Look at their latest list of places where LTE is coming to.  I am pretty sure they are picking places they can add LTE to towers extremely cheap so they can say "We have xxx LTE cities."  Come on 8 place in Puerto Rico are going to get LTE, but not Pittsburgh, PA or Cleveland, OH.  They are bringing LTE to Cleveland, TN thought with a huge population of 41,000 (Cleveland, OH: over 300,000 residents).  At least their Galaxy Nexus has Jelly Bean though haha. 

0 Likes