Re: Verizon Galaxy Nexus officially the only nexus device without Jelly Bean
pfs78
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am now on my 5th SGN.  I was hoping that JB would fix some of my current issues rather than go through yet another replacement.  Sadly who knows when we will see it and certainly expected more timely updates with this being a nexus phone than what Verizon is suppling.

I am considering AT&T at this point as that is the only other service in my area worth switching to. Who knows.

0 Likes
jetmanFl410
Enthusiast - Level 2

*****************PATHETIC****************

Blame it on Samsung!!!! Please!!!!

0 Likes
Dornier
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon has lost me as a customer once my contract is up.  The Galaxy Nexus experience has been ruined by Verizon and I have lost total trust in them.   Even if the update comes out in the next couple of months, the experience has been ruined.  I'm done and headed to T-mobile.  My friends are getting anywhere from 3-22mbps download speeds on T-mobile, wifi calling, and it's much cheaper than Verizon.

I would love to leave right now, but the ETF is too much.  We need to figure out when they change terms of the contract to leave free and clear.  Is there a website that keeps track of contract changes?

Thanks,

GP

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Sell your phone, and pay the ETF.  People still pay $250-300 for the Verizon GNex.  Hop on a cheap prepaid phone from T-Mobile until you have enough cash to buy another phone.

0 Likes
cartersims
Enthusiast - Level 3

What if the JB update + new radios is delayed for another 4 months and then still doesn't fix anything?  Just like the last update.  I'm done with this.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

cartersims wrote:

What if the JB update + new radios is delayed for another 4 months and then still doesn't fix anything?  Just like the last update.  I'm done with this.

Like I said before I am, (deleted content to comply with VZW ToS) and the radios are not finished...  I used to never have a problem with my Nexus with connectivity and now I do, and some other peoples problems are fixed when using those (deleted content to comply with VZW ToS).  I'd rather have to wait and have them do it right than to have them push something out and it breaks more than it fixes.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

For Future reference not all Galaxy Nexus around the world have the update.  So Verizon isn't the only one. 

0 Likes
cartersims
Enthusiast - Level 3

well that muddies the issue and gives me even less faith that this will ever work

0 Likes
blopez92
Enthusiast - Level 1

All updates need to come from google! Forget the middle man!

Tidbits
Legend

http://www.androidauthority.com/verizon-galaxy-nexus-4g-signal-loss-update-115469/

like I said before they are working on the radios first before anything it seems like.  Which honestly is more important than the OS update right now.