So last weekend as I was charging my Samsung Galaxy Nexus, I smelled something burning I quickly looked at my phone and noticed smoke coming out from my phone ! I quickly unplugged it and almost burned my hand due to the fact that the charger was STILL MELTING. Needless to say, I was quite shocked and confused about my cell phone. I was able to transfer everything from my phone via cloud before it died. The next day I took it to my Local Verizon Store and asked if they could take a look, but all they did was try to sell me a 89.99 phone charger battery pack after the fact that I explained to them that THE PHONE WOULD NO LONGER CHARGE. Although the salespersons were nice and professional the use of tying 10+ chargers to save my phone before it took its final adieu. The salesperson then tried to tell me that she could replace my phone for $100 WHICH I WOULD NOT PAY , due to the fact that my phone had caught FIRE. All I am asking for is for Verizon to give me either 1) A new phone or 2) a replacement phone, even though my upgrade is only a few weeks away , I've already been without my phone for a week , causing me to miss important updates and emails and calls. I will also be contacting Samsung for this matter also. Has anyone else with a Galaxy Nexus had their phone caught on fire?
Thanks in Advance,
Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.
Message was edited by: Admin Moderator
just the other day my son was charging his phone in the car and it too caught fire. Also a samsung galaxy nexus and only 2 months old. Verizon was contacted and they told him, get this, it was HIS fault! How the heck is it his fault, he just plugged it in and was driving, phone was not damaged. I have been trying to get someone at Verizon to take care of the issue all day with no results. This is obviously a defective device. 2 of my other kids have the same phone and they both get extremely hot and need to be shut off for fear of catching fire. There is obviously a defect with the phones. I also contacted Samsung, who is trying to help, but I need the IMEI number for them to assist me. I am hoping from more help from them. Samsung was extremely concerned for my son's well being, asked was he ok and if he had property damage from the fire, Verizon NEVER even asked!