Verizon Mobile Phone Upgrades - Warning
Arny

My wife and I bought new phones in March and were very happy UNTIL we received a message from Verizon in July that upgrades were available and to download them. - Our phones DO NOT RING now when someone calls, they also do not store the caller's number when they leave a message because we do not answer, and the icons for new e-mails and new calls no longer appear on the toolbar on top. Has anyone else had these problems??

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Mobile Phone Upgrades - Warning
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone do you have?  It will help in hopefully guiding you to some solutions.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Arny

Hi, Thanks for your reply. We have Samsung 3G Fascinate phones 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Arny wrote:

My wife and I bought new phones in March and were very happy UNTIL we received a message from Verizon in July that upgrades were available and to download them. - Our phones DO NOT RING now when someone calls, they also do not store the caller's number when they leave a message because we do not answer, and the icons for new e-mails and new calls no longer appear on the toolbar on top. Has anyone else had these problems??

Since it is now clear that your have the Samsung Fascinate, you should read through the dedicated section of the this community for that phone.  It is most likely some if not all of your issues have been discussed.

http://community.vzw.com/t5/Samsung-Fascinate/bd-p/SamsungFascinate

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Bernie157
Contributor - Level 1

I know this doesn't help but the use of the word Upgrade means to me a change of phone for a discounted price when eligible as or after the current contract expires.  I have to assume that you were speaking of a software update.

Bernie in CT

0 Likes
DonM
Contributor - Level 2

Check with your local Verizon store. Many are offering a swapout with a different phone when a Fascinate develops the dropped call bug.

0 Likes
Not applicable

We finally came out with a confirmed fix for the issue.  Software ED05 has been released, and we have received a lot of positive feedback about it.  Check out this link for details on the software update. It contains instructions on how to update the software, and key benefits of the update.  

Let us know if you have any other questions. 

0 Likes