Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 4.4 Update (KitKat)
lando13
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am re-creating this thread because the old one: Verizon Galaxy S4 4.4 Update (KitKat) is locked.

Every other U.S. carrier has had KitKat 4.4 for over a month on the Galaxy S4 except verizon! On top of that, Verizon is dancing around saying that the new S5 is better than the S4 because it has KitKat: Samsung Galaxy S 5: How Does It Compare to the S 4?

So where is the update, and when do we get it?

Re: Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 4.4 Update (KitKat)
rodl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Our great company in its infinite wisdom has decide that we do not deserve the update.....yet.  We need to wait until the next update 4.5 has be released by Samsung.   you know they are doing all that really important pre-release testing.  Obviously Verizon is trying to optimise their profit by hiring sub par technicians.  That is why it takes sooo long for them to do their testing or is it.  Verizon will lock this thread also, customer service stinks a High Fart with this company!

GSharpe78
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon is gambling that the S5 pre sales will make up for any S4 disgruntled customers that they lose.  They may have made a terrible miscalculation on how viral this slap in their customers face this will end up being

rodl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been with Verizon since they bought out Altell somewhere around 2000 or so.  But if it were not for the high cost of leaving them, I would just suffer the lack of coverage from AT&T or Sprint.  I have 3 lines with this company and it seems that they don't really care if they keep customers or not.  It is soooo frustrating!  They are suppose to be the NUMBER 1 carrier

ExpressedGrief
Enthusiast - Level 2

If I offered to go over and help my dad fix his fence after I got the supplies from Home Depot then:

Waited three months

Advertised my services to fix fences for other people in the paper

Fixed Neighbors fences next door to my dad and around the neighborhood

Then told him I was just trying to get better so the quality of his fence would be better

HE WOULD SLAY ME!!!

Verizon, this is, for the most part, what you have done. Offered to improve our phones, stammered around long after Samsung gave you the materials you needed, gave the update to other phones (in the neighborhood), let other businesses show you up on their products and services to their customers needs and then told us you were working on the update to make sure it was bug free. The end result:

We still don't have the fence...

Only you stepped up the game:

"Hey Dad! Look at the neighbors yard I'm going to build a fence for. It will have more gates, thicker posts, better hinges and security cameras - all the things you don't have!!"

Verizon, you are walking in very dangerous territory announcing a new phone and comparing it to customers existing phones after you have repeatedly told us you were going to give us the update.

gpeterden
Contributor - Level 2

Here is what Samsung site has. Depressing that Verizon isn't on the list.

When will my device receive the latest KitKat 4.4 software update? : Cell Phones | Samsung

0 Likes
lando13
Enthusiast - Level 3

You guys should sign the #GiveUsKitKat petition here by replying:

Petition for KitKat on S4, Note 3, LG G2 (4.4 update)

LovelyLynn

I'm with you. I want my phone to be as up to date as it can be. I'm sure Verizon wants people to buy or upgrade to the Galaxy S5 but we are not stupid people. The S5 has nothing new for me to upgrade to and I'm happy with my S4. Verizon, you want me to stay a happy customer, let me update me phone please.

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

I'm happy with my S4 also, as it is working incredibly well. There is nothing in KK that intices me to want the OS updated. If I had a choice I would not to update and would leave it at 4.3 until I decide to get a new phone. I know at some point the update will force itself on the phone possibly wrecking some functions. It already has to other phones.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

it's stuff like your new petition that caused your old thread to be locked.

so what if other carriers have 4.4, join 'em but quit whinin'.

0 Likes