Verizon Voicemail app not automatically refreshing
BJBBJB
Enthusiast - Level 3

There was another thread about this but it was closed out without a solution.

I have been on android and Verizon a long......Time.

Never have seen this. The last month or so when a call comes in and someone leaves a voicemail, I get no number by the voicemail icon. Yes the notification badge setting is on.

Also when I open the Verizon app the voicemail is not there until I manually go into the menu and hit refresh.  Then it shows up.

I am on the free version of voicemail.

This is NEW behavior. U sure if android update or voicemail app update. On Note 20 ultra 

Any assistance appreciated.  Please no scripted response.  I already called support. Solution?  Turn off wifi...no...doesn't help.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Voicemail app not automatically refreshing
maryvandalen
Enthusiast - Level 2

TRY THIS. 

Go to Settings-Apps-Voicemail, scroll down to Battery. Turn on  UNRESTRICTED. E-Mail, Text and Phone are all unrestricted. The other settings, Optimized, Restricted, etc. are for battery useage.  IMHO, I think the VM app button "goes to sleep" after a bit and probably is supposed to "wake up" when a VM comes in but it isn't. 

I made all the suggested changes and nothing worked for mo0re than a day. I made this one change and by the tome I closed the Settings App and went to my home page I had notifications of VMs and when I clicked on the app button they immediately popped up.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, BJBBJB. We know how important it is for your visual voicemail app to work correctly. We are sending you a Private Note to assist you further with the issue you are experiencing. 

*Cassie

0 Likes
JeJorMa

I also am not getting my voicemails unless I manually refresh in the app. May I get assistance too regarding this issue.

Might be helpful to have Verizon to post a solution too.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello JeJorMa! We're sorry to read that you're having trouble with your voicemail app, and we'd love to help. Please reply to our private note to get started.  ~Aaron

0 Likes
Kiditsmaug
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue. I have to work with my phone in airplane mode.  When I take my phone out of airplane mode, there is no notifications.  About eight times a day I have to go into the app and manually refresh to get any notification or messages.

Were you ever able to find a solution to this? It only works correctly if I run the phone in safe mode, but that defeats the whole purpose of a smartphone. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Kiditsmaug. We want to ensure you receive the help you need to resolve this issue. We are sending you a Private Note to assist you further.

*Cassie

0 Likes
GTLX

Hello, I seem to have the same problem.  A coupe of months ago I bought an unlocked phone Samsung S22 from Best Buy's Verizon counter.   Apparently people leave me VMs when the phone is off and the VMs don't appear as Notifications even after I open the Voicemail app.  The phone does give me a notification if the phone is turned on at the time of the call. 

If I turn the phone on and open the VM app and refresh it does show the messages for that previous time that the phone was off, however, if I don't remember to go into the app and refresh it seems that the VM disappears.

I think that this may have only started happening a couple of weeks ago.  

Verizon, we have been your customer for a long time now, can you please help?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for verifying your account. To complete account verification, may I have your first and last name.

*Cassie

0 Likes
BJBBJB
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hope you got this working. When I had the issue I tried so many things I am not 100% sure what finally worked.  I believe I ended up uninstalling and or deleting cache or data. I then remember the voice-mail resetting up, pulling down the messages that were there which were the same as the uninstall....then from then on voice-mail refreshed automatically, I got notifications and the number icon badge count.

0 Likes
GTLX

Great, I'm glad it worked for you.  I had three days of communications with dozens of Private Messages and Messaging with ineffectual "fixes", some of which were repeated, and a final instruction to do a factory reset with their usual assurance that they really want to help me.  With little confidence that Verizon knows how to resolve this I will probably just live with this poor technology as, unfortunately, they're being paid to wander around their system and I'm not!

0 Likes