Re: Verizon Voicemail app not automatically refreshing
BJBBJB
Enthusiast - Level 3

Please review this thread from the beginning.  I still have the Note20 Ultra. No changes other than required updates. It is a bit disappointing that there is no verified, "will fix it" solution after almost a year....

I spent so much time with support last time, was hopeful not to.

Let me know.

Thanks

0 Likes
emsicles

Same issue! Voicemail does not automatically refresh despite trying all the fixes. Verizon, this is a problem!! Please solve!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information. We would like to take a closer look at this matter, please send us a Private Note at your earliest convenience to better assist.

~Vic

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey, emsicles. Thanks for reaching out about your Voicemail concerns. We're here to help! How long have you been having issues with your Voicemail not refreshing?

*Haley

0 Likes
Jpkellman
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same exact issue. Would be nice to post a solution with so many people experiencing the same problem. 

0 Likes
wmcombs
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agreed. Both my Galaxy S21 and my wife's are doing this now and it's incredibly frustrating. Maybe it's linked to the latest update we got but whatever the cause, Verizon should be posting a fix instead of making us all jump through hoops.

0 Likes
wmcombs
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, here's what fixed it on my Galaxy S21 just now (thanks to a couple of reddit threads!)

• Go to main Settings and find Apps
  • Go to Voicemail and then to Storage
  • Press "Clear Data" at the bottom of the screen
  • Now exit and go find the voicemail and start it.
  • Go through the set-up process for Basic Visual Voicemail again

If you read the pages during setup, you'll  notice that one says something to the effect of "because of changes to your phone, you will need to set up basic visual voicemail again." Go through the setup procedures for visual voicemail, including waiting for it to process and then starting the app again. This has solved my notification problem on both of our S21 phones. Obviously, something got changed in the update that requires re-registering for basic visual voicemail in order to get the notifications.

You're welcome, Verizon. 😞

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, there! We want to make sure you get the support you need today. Please send us a Private Note for assistance.

*Anna

0 Likes
mattezell

Thanks for sharing this... 

Unfortunately, these steps didn't work for me on my S22U...

I've not had Voicemail work properly since getting my S22 - I have to manually open the Voicemail application to get it to refresh in order to check for new messages.

Verizon, what gives? There are many threads about this very issue over the last couple of years, with a majority of them seemingly being related to Samsung phones purchased through Verizon.

No, I will not DM you - provide a solution here.

0 Likes
wmcombs
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately, VZW either assigns bots to respond to these forums or reps who just paste form responses instead of actually trying to solve what seems to be a very widespread problem.

My solution above worked for a few weeks and then it started happening again. I repeated the steps and it seems to have helped but I'm not relishing the thought of having to play Russian roulette with my VM messages while VZW ignores its customers. 

And if you see a "Send me a private message post" after this, you'll know my first sentence was right. Hey VZW, how about you send us a private message? We're the ones paying you, remember?

0 Likes