Verizon app question
ladybell
Enthusiast - Level 3

So I am wondering about Skype.  I am not able to do a video chat would really like to.  I have heard that the Fascinate with Froyo can get this done.  Can anyone tell me their experiences with the Skye app on the fascinate?  Will it do everything but video chat with eclair?  Does this get charged against minutes or data usage? 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon app question
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Neither of the Skype apps on the market offer video chat.  The non-verizon app can use wifi and 3G whereas the Skype for Mobile by Verizon isn't voip and is routed over their voice network (skype to skype is supposed to be free).  There are other apps like tango, yahoo and probably a few others that offer video chat though. 

0 Likes
ladybell
Enthusiast - Level 3

But is this device actually capable of video chat?

0 Likes
TedKord
Contributor - Level 1
Does the Fascinate have a front facing camera? I thought it didn't.
0 Likes
TedKord
Contributor - Level 1
0 Likes
ladybell
Enthusiast - Level 3

I thought it didn't also but thought I read on another forum that with a fascinate that had 2.2 that they could do this?  Just trying to figure it out really.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

2.2 doesn't give you skype video chat ability as there isn't a skype video chat app right now.  The apps like tango should use the rear camera since the Fascinate doesn't have a front facing one.  Looks like yahoo requires 2.2 but no mention of it on tango. 

0 Likes
ladybell
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's funny.  So as long as I stand in front of a mirror while using video chat, then we can get face to face time!  LOL 

0 Likes
sandystorm

Tango works good with one camera on Fascinate. You dont have to use a mirror just turn it from front to back, you can look at friend while showing them your surroundings and then turn back and they can see you and do the  same. Skype for video chat is supposed to be coming soon for the phones and I will just do same way until I can get new phone

0 Likes