Re: Verizon doesn't deserve a Nexus Device
jnierstheimer

Sadly since they are forcing people off their grandfathered unlimited plans you are going to be more pissed off. They block wallet for their anti- competitive ISIS, their updates are real slow in coming. They are going to force users in a shared data plan that costs more. My family is going to start dumping them in December when our first contract is up. We are going to Straight Talk.

Also I could not believe the lies that the sales people tell me. They say that you can't get a better more powerful network. If this is true Verizon why can't you have unlimited data like the rest of those supposably sucky networks like Sprint and T-Mobile? Straight Talk kicks your ass in service and still you claim to be better. How is being overcharged for less better. Verizon needs a disillusionment. Customers that have stuck by you for years and this is how you repay them. You are a company with no heart. A empty money hoarding shell. Get back to reality Verizon before it is too late and you lose customers you can't get back.

0 Likes
jnierstheimer

Really because that is the reason I bought the phone. I was promised it would be a pure Google experience. Meaning I would get all the software from Google un messed with. Verizon blocks Google Wallet. I found a way around this but still. They take forever with official updates. They block legal tethering channels. So, I have to go around this. Then they tell me I can't use the phone as a wifi hotspot without paying extra. So I have to find channels to do this. Seriously, Verizon you are striking out.

0 Likes
zombielove69
Contributor - Level 1

Me too. I left t-mobile for the D1 in 2010 on vzw unaware of the software delays until i got my 2nd phone the nexus, which by the way every CS rep I have talked to does call it a Flagship phone. I never knew that vzw was going to be so problematic with the updates and hiding apps from people to download because of their own greed. It could be worse though, a Canadian carrier, i forgot the name, still hasn't updated their Gnex to the.4 bug fix update yet. I'm guessing since vzw makes no money from updates, that is the only reason why they do not dedicate any more resources to updates and pushing them out to a more timely fashion and only get by doing the bare minimum. There really shouldn't be more than a month worth of testing on a stable build, which it is. If vzw would work with Google instead of saying they have to keep the proprietary code secret, even though they are leasing the frequencies which are owned by US citizens, from the government, it would be a lot faster to work with than against them  They have to realize that software upgrades optimize the performance and productivity of our phones which in turn keeps us happy.

On another note, the FCC will be testing all carriers and their networks all over, from 4g, 4g lte, hspa, wimax, all of them out there from what ever they call it, so customers can have actual truthful factual evidence of how fast data is on networks and their coverage so we actually get to see what we pay for in our data plans per network and whether its worth it or not for the money we pay for those data plans. I saw this bit of news on attack of the show on g4tv.

0 Likes
CHRIS42060
Enthusiast - Level 3

I love how only one word is not allowed in this post and was very quickly edited out.  It is hilarious that Verizon expects us to believe that phones have locked bootloaders because the OEM locks it and not at the request of Verizon (The GS3 being the only US version locked Verizon blamed Samsung).  Even more proof that the title of the OP is correct..... Verizon does not deserve a Nexus Device.  They don't deserve an Android Device period they need to just sell iPhones and let me out of my contract so I can go to a carrier that supports the openness of Android. 

DoctorDeDroid
Contributor - Level 2

WARNING: THIS IS A CONSPIRACY THEORY

To account for this inexplicable delay in getting JB to the GNEX users, not to mention the stone-dead silence from the running-dogs of VZW customer service,  I've come up with another one.... 

I believe that the reason the GNEX on VZW has yet to get the JB update is that Isis won't work on it... probably.   i.e. Maybe it's improperly designed or maybe they are counting on a depricated api... who know.... My point is I'll betcha that Isis is broken on JB. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Or maybe the two Verizon Wireless included applications don't function well on Jelly Bean.

Not that I care one way or another. I still disable them.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
DoctorDeDroid
Contributor - Level 2

I'm still wondering if the (deleted to comply with VZW ToS..please keep your post family friendly) that run VZW have figured out that their customers are mad enough to (deleted content)... and that sitting there, saying nothing, with their (deleted to comply with VZW ToS) is perhaps the main reason why.

Message was edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
DoctorDeDroid
Contributor - Level 2

So I guess that means we're not going to get any   ^^^^^        official statement about this shameful delay...

reasonable

0 Likes
elef
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes Google did promise timely updates, in May 2011 at the Google I/O with the Android Device Update Initiative. Google said they would keep phones "up to date" for 18 months after release. I purchased my phone after this announcement. I'm still on Gingerbread. That is not up to date by any stretch of the imagination.

0 Likes
Brent72
Enthusiast - Level 2

I love how so many of the messages on this forum are "edited" by Verizon Moderators. Maybe instead of censoring all these posts they could share some insight as to why we're getting ****ed around with no JB update while every other Nexus on the planet is getting it.

0 Likes