Verizon is releasing another update tommorow: ED05 did not fix the miss call problem
yellowboy74
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got  two voice mails today that did not show as missed calls . I call Verizon technical support and ask to speak to a  manager. He told me that several people are still having miss call problems and to expect a new update august 1 which is tommorow. I told him this is the last straw , if this new update doesn't work for me, they are going to have to give me a different phone or release me from my contract. This is so frustrating.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon is releasing another update tommorow: ED05 did not fix the miss call problem
adamamazing

i got the same thing yesterday.hopefully this fixes the problem.i told them the same thing and they noted it in my account that i intend on dropping them if this doesnt fix the issues

0 Likes
Re: Verizon is releasing another update tommorow: ED05 did not fix the miss call problem
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

adamamazing wrote:

i got the same thing yesterday.hopefully this fixes the problem.i told them the same thing and they noted it in my account that i intend on dropping them if this doesnt fix the issues

I think Samsung must have had a Big Difference in how the Phone were Manufactured

My sons phone worked fine on ED04 No Missed Calls

My Phone on the other hand would not run on ED04 it Missed Calls after 1 hour of sitting Idle

and ED05 Completely fixed it I have no Missed Calls anymore

I have read on a Different Forum that Some are some still missing Calls I feel for you I went through that for over 3 months
In the other forum only 2 people still had missed Calls So it looks Like they fixed a large percentage of the Phones

Hope they will just replace the one's ED05 didn't Fix

I did not put ED05 on my Sons If it was not Broke why take the Chance His phone is Definitely Different than Mine and was working fine on ED04

0 Likes
adamamazing

my phone wont even let me download the ED04 update.its dowloands all the way then fails to install.so i cant even get 05 yet.i hope this update tomorrow fixes everything.especially since i am in the process of getting a home business off the ground and missing calls is costing me money

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

From what I heard and I may be wrong

ED05 was going to be released on Aug 1st  But they released Early

0 Likes
yellowboy74
Enthusiast - Level 3

After reading your post wardcst24, I called back again to verify and he reassured me that ED06 will be pushed out tommorow because they realized that ed05 didn't resolved the problem. He was a level 2 tech, and also got confirmation that ed06 would be pushed out tommorow from the manager that i had talked to earlier,  so we shall see.

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

I don't doubt it

I hope it fixes your Phone I know how Frustrating the Missed Call Issue is

0 Likes
yellowboy74
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the concern

0 Likes
Re: Verizon is releasing another update tomorrow: ED05 did not fix the miss call problem
1gooddrummer

I called Verizon 2nd level tech support and they assured me there is NO ED06 update's said they haven't even finished rolling out ED05 yet. I think they just told you that to get you off the phone. I also have a Fascinate and have had problems and can't get them to replace my phone with a different device. I want the Droid Charge since it is the only other one that has the AMOLED screen that I originally chose the Fascinate for . They had a program that ended on July 28th the day that ED05 rolled out. They offered the Droidx, the Incredible 2, and the Droid Charge to replace the Fascinates that were having trouble. I had called to report my issues during this replacement program but was not told that it was going on and now they won't give me the Droid Charge because it has expired. I think since there are STILL issues-they need to bring this program back and allow us to get a different phone. I have been a customer of Verizon for 10 years and have 7 lines so I am REALLY disappointed that they can't work with me (or other customers ) especially since it is not something we did to the phone. It is a problem with either Verizon or Samsung. I don't know where to go from here but maybe if they hear enough from others that didn't have any success with ED05 they will start to replace them. I will probably go to a higher level to voice my concern. Let me know if anyone has any success getting a new device especially the Droid Charge.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon is releasing another update tomorrow: ED05 did not fix the miss call problem
yellowboy74
Enthusiast - Level 3

You mention you are still having problems. Are you still having missed call problems??

0 Likes