Re: Verizon is releasing another update tomorrow: ED05 did not fix the miss call problem
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

I don't think it was a lie

I think the CSR thought they were Telling you the Truth

Problem is A lot of the CSR don't know Jack

And then there Are Some Good one's

Like MikeS_VZW who Helped alot of people And did know what he was Talking about

Samsung On the other Hand Have One Response It is a Canned  Statement

I Can Not Answer that As it May Lead to Confusion  --  Translation-- It Might Incriminate US

Contact your State Attorney General File a Complaint

With in a week of them sending VZW a Letter you will get a Call from Top Brass from your Area

And you will get your problem Solved

And This is Not a Lie

0 Likes
Re: Verizon is releasing another update tomorrow: ED05 did not fix the miss call problem
poodle_fan

For those getting a new Fascinate, keep us updated on whether it actually fixes the problem.  Doesn't seem like it will.  What are the other options?  Adding a line to get a cheaper iphone?

0 Likes
android_king90

I too have the Samsung fascinate and if I remember correctly I've had it since ED03 and it has ALWAYS missed calls. Sometimes my friends or family would call me 4-6 times in a ROW and I would never know it until I got a voice mail. I have called Verizon many times concerning this but all they say is "oh well we are currently working on an update for this phone" or "Try pulling the battery and if that doesn't work do a factory data reset" well I've had 5 android phone to date so I think I would know the first thing to try is a battery pull and a data reset and here it is with the update ED05 and nothing has changed, I'm still missing calls and it's frustrating. They need to fix this, and like that person said on a post before me if they don't come out with gingerbread 2.3 for the fascinate just because they want you to buy a new phone, well guess what I don't have the money to just up and buy a new phone every time something new comes out and my phone gets out dated or they don't want to update it. Verizon is one of the biggest cellular companies out there they need to learn how to better serve their customers and keep them happy and not let their big cooperate status get to their heads same goes for the rest of the cellular companies out there. Anybody else agree to this?

0 Likes
poodle_fan

I downloaded the update today and it seems worse than ever.  The phone is still freezing, and the battery has gone from 50% to 18% w/in two hours with hardly any usage.

0 Likes
Shinebox
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having issues with missed calls. I all of a sudden have a VM. I am currently on ED05. This has happened four times this week where I suddenly have a voicemail.

Anyhow, if you guys take a look at developer forums you will see that even people who decided to tamper with their devices are also having the same problem.  Not sure what it is, but it seems like this problem got worse after ED03 as a new thread about missed calls is getting posted there often.

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

Shinebox wrote:

I am having issues with missed calls. I all of a sudden have a VM. I am currently on ED05. This has happened four times this week where I suddenly have a voicemail.

Anyhow, if you guys take a look at developer forums you will see that even people who decided to tamper with their devices are also having the same problem.  Not sure what it is, but it seems like this problem got worse after ED03 as a new thread about missed calls is getting posted there often.

The problem is there is such a big Hardware Difference

If they send a update it will fix some Phones and break others

Samsung must have bought some cheap parts from China

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

HI adamamazing,

Have you been able to download the ED05 version on your Fascinate? Please try these steps to do so. 

Press Menu

Press Settings

Press About Phone

Press Check for System Updates

You can also view this link for additional details on the update.

http://support.vzw.com/system_update/samsung_fascinate.html

If you are still unable to complete the update, feel free to send me a private message with your contact information. I can then contact you personally to address this for you. 

Thank you for your posting and have a good day!

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

ChristinaB_VZW wrote:

HI adamamazing,

Have you been able to download the ED05 version on your Fascinate? Please try these steps to do so. 

Press Menu

Press Settings

Press About Phone

Press Check for System Updates

You can also view this link for additional details on the update.

http://support.vzw.com/system_update/samsung_fascinate.html

If you are still unable to complete the update, feel free to send me a private message with your contact information. I can then contact you personally to address this for you. 

Thank you for your posting and have a good day!

I don't know but I would Guess when he is posting in this thread

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That the Chances of Him Having ED05 Would be 99.9%

0 Likes
thender007

@wardcst, maybe not ... especially when his post says:

my phone wont even let me download the ED04 update.its dowloands all the way then fails to install.so i cant even get 05 yet.i hope this update tomorrow fixes everything.especially since i am in the process of getting a home business off the ground and missing calls is costing me money

0 Likes
yellowboy74
Enthusiast - Level 3

This thread was created on the July 31. I had two level 2 techs to tell me they were releasing another update Aug 1st. I made sure that they were not talking about the update that we had already received (ED05) and they said no, and that they realised that the ED05 update did not fix all of the miss  issues and expect a new update aug 1st .That was 7 days ago . So evidentally they lied to me to get me off the phone or they were talking about the Ed05 update they we had already had pushed to our phones 3 days before that.

0 Likes