Re: Verizon is releasing another update tomorrow: ED05 did not fix the miss call problem
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

I think they need to replace the phones that do not work

I think you will not see much but stalling until September when the manufacture warranty runs out

Then they will be saying Too Bad it is out of warranty we can sell $$ you a new phone

0 Likes
Re: Verizon is releasing another update tomorrow: ED05 did not fix the miss call problem
Mali09
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon shipped me another fascinate overnite.  Received it Friday.  I declined the update.  The phone has been working great.  No missed calls, no missed text, even battery life last for a whole instead of 7 hours..  As I sit here typing this the phone automaticallly started downloading software.  If it goes back to all of the problems I had on my old phone, I will send it back as well.  There should be a way to decline it again, but it won't let me.

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Mali09,

Please know that we try to resolve your issues as soon as possible. I am glad that you were able to reach us by phone and that a replacement phone is being sent to you. Since the replacement are tested before being shipped out, I am sure that you will be happy with it. 

Additionally, to ensure that you were given the correct information, please make sure to return your device using the return label included in the shipping. You will also receive instructions on backing up your data and contacts, as well as activating the replacement. 

**Important** Please remember to save the SD card from the original device and place it in the replacement phone. If you accidentally send back the SD card, it cannot be returned to you. 

Thank you and have a good day!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon is releasing another update tommorow: ED05 did not fix the miss call problem
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello FrankP,

I can definitely understand the need to stay connected.  I do understand both you and the wife have the most recent software update.  If you both still need assistance I would suggest doing a factory reset to the device just to give the update a fresh start.  I know most people don't like completing this step, however it is a major troubleshooting step that can assist with your success.  If the reset does not assist we can move forward with creating what we call a product issue form for the devices to be further investigated to provide more information.  Please let me know if you have already attempted the reset or the results after the reset.  Thank you.  

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

poodle_fan wrote:

I downloaded the update today and it seems worse than ever.  The phone is still freezing, and the battery has gone from 50% to 18% w/in two hours with hardly any usage.

poodle_fan,

So sorry you are still having issues with your Fascinate, even after performing the software update!

I would like to make one suggestion, actually worked for me with my Fascinate, to Hard Reset the device.  For some reason or another, whatever was causing the phone to freeze and battery to not hold charge fixed itself after the Hard Reset.  Just ensure your data is backed up prior to doing the reset.  I will include a link with instructions and screen shots for the reset below.

Hard Reset - Samsung Fascinate SCH-I500

Please let me know how this works out for you!

0 Likes
yellowboy74
Enthusiast - Level 3

Mali09,

Just curious, when they shipped you the phone, what build and firmware version did it come with. Because the miss call issue started after the froyo update. Did your phone  have android 2.1 when it arrived????

0 Likes
Mali09
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yellowboy

Where do I find the firmware and build info?  I will look for it and post. 

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

Go to >settings>about phone

scroll down and it should be there

0 Likes
Mali09
Enthusiast - Level 2

Under system updates it says I500_ED04-ED05 BUT under status it says FAILED, Probably because I declined the update. As far as I know I'm  not missing calls or text.  I'm able to dial out without a problem, haven't experienced any dropped calls, no longer taking screen shots and battery life is longer then 7 hours.  I have had my replacement phone for a week now. The only problem I have noticed is, it says the battery is charged at 100% when actually it's between 80%-95%.  But, I can deal with that vs. missed calls and text.

0 Likes
Mali09
Enthusiast - Level 2

Firmware is 2.2.1

0 Likes