Re: Verizon is releasing another update tomorrow: ED05 did not fix the miss call problem
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

I thought the Froyo firmware is 2.2.2.  Maybe one of the others running it will confirm this.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon is releasing another update tomorrow: ED05 did not fix the miss call problem
beymapwrd

yes 2.2.2

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

Thanks.

0 Likes
Mali09
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well they sent me a replacement with 2.2.1.

0 Likes
yellowboy74
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah that kinda strange u got a replacement with 2.2.1. Well whatever you do dont update it.

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

bellerin1 wrote:

I'm still missing calls and texts.  I missed 2 yesterday.  I didn't have a clue until my friend told me she called and texted.  I check my logs on here and sure enough I see the text messages were received but my phone never got them, same with the phone call.  Where is the second ED05 update that was supposed to be released on 8/1/11?!?!?!?!??!

Hi bellerin1,

We have not been advised by Samsung that there would be 2nd update for ED05. If such an update is made available in the future, this information would be pasted along to the users of the Fascinate. You could also check for any new software updates periodically at this link for the device by looking under the red simulator box. The update of ED05 was made by Samsung to help address the missed calls issue but there is something you can try. I suggest powering your device off completely for a full minute and powering it back on. This would allow the device to refresh its signal to the towers. This is like doing a reboot to a computer after a software update. This can help the update to work better with missed calls and not receiving text messages.

If your still having issues with missed calls after trying the suggest, send me a private message with your information to be assisted further. Also, I wish to thank to all the community members for their comments. We are continuing to find ways to address the software in passing along information to Samsung about these concerns. I hope this suggestion can help.

0 Likes
Mali09
Enthusiast - Level 2

Maybe an employee that posts on here can answer it.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon is releasing another update tommorow: ED05 did not fix the miss call problem
android_king90

after explaining my situation to a very understanding verizon manager who was very willing to help they sent me out an htc droid incredible 2 and i must say it beats the fascinate by all means

0 Likes