Verizon's Handling of Galaxy Nexus
rebretz
Contributor - Level 2

It seems to me that Verizon doesn't even really want the Galaxy Nexus or never did. I don't think Verizon can stand the fact the phone is free of all of their bloatware that they love to load down the phones that are on their network. No VZ Navigator or Verizon Video or Verizon Music. They barley advertised the Galaxy Nexus compared to the Motorola Droid Razr family of phones. The fact that the phone has had numerous problems since it was launched and they the fact that 5 months later only their version of the phone is the only one not to be updated to try and correct the issues just shows that the Galaxy Nexus is not high on their list of priorities. They only reason I stayed with Verizon was my unlimited data and because Verizon was suppose to get a Nexus phone phone, but as unlimited data is going away and the Galaxy Nexus is a Nexis in Name only, and I highly doubt that Google will ever launch another Nexus on Verizon after this disaster, I'm going to switch to Sprint or ATT. Both of those offer excellent phone at responsible prices. I know that there is a relatively small percentage of Android users that drool over Nexus phones, but its that small percentage that sway people away from purchasing certain phones. I've already talked a number of people out of getting a Galaxy Nexus at my local Verizon store.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon's Handling of Galaxy Nexus
Frankie2names
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is time for us to file a class action law suit

nursebrent
Enthusiast - Level 2

I started service with Verizon back on Feb 08, 2012 after being with Sprint for the past 12 years. What a mistake... My reasons for switching were access to 4Glte and the galaxy nexus phone. I paid the $600 for to nexus and away I went. Rigt out of the box the shipped devices experienced one way audio, intermittent dropping from network, and unexpected reboots.. I called Verizon tech support and the answer was we have not heard of any of these type of issues and you must have gotten a bad batch. I promptly went down to my local Verizon store that day and exchanged for 2 brand new devices. The same issues occurred... I then called technical support back and we began what I cal setting the hook game. I was told that by level 2 technical support to start marking the the one way audio voicing with ## each time it occurred and someone would get back with me within a week. A week passed and no call back. I called technical support back on several occasions and was told each time that someone would be contacting me. Almost 3 weeks into this adventure I finally received a call from tier 2 technical support stating it was not a network issue but rather a problem with the handset. They wanted to send quote "a like new device" to resolve an issue with a brand new phone and I said no. I went back to the local store and exchanged for 3 more brand new devices which brings me to a total of 3 each for myself and my wife. Guess what the same exact issues! We are now ell beyond my 14 day trial period and I call technical support again only to be told that now there acknowledgement of known issues with some of the phones.... Where was the information during my 14 day trial period? The hook is now set... This technician took me through all the previou attempts to include performing a hard reset and returning my phone to factory default. None of this worked. I was then told that there was no reason for me to continue calling as now there was a known issue and it would be addressed in a software update sometime in March. No other resolution was offered. I went back to my local store once again and exchanged my phone for the 4th time in hopes that mabe I would get lucky and capture one of the few phones that apparently do not experience these issues. The same issues. I am now up a grand total of 7 brand new galaxy nexus phones all with thesame issues. I continue to call technical support routinely and received a garden variety of responses that ranged from Ihaven't heard of this issue, calling samsung for update schedule, don't call back again with this issue as you have an open ticket, and finally the big one Verizon is not responsible for the functionality of the phone. Approximately 3 weeks ago I spokewith a representative and told them I was no longer going to sit and wait for a software update and continue to work with a phone that could not reliably sustain phone calls and stay connected to their fantastic network. She reluctantly agreed to send 2 refurbishe like new raxor max phones as a replacement. I received the phones the next day and when I opened the boxes to my surprise were 2 more nexus phones! I call technical suppor and they verified the order and stated that I should have received 1 razor maxx. They could not get the right phone or quantity rght. I told the rep dod not send anymore phones and that I would be reporting the lack of agrreed service and suppor to the Better Business Bureau and the FCC. I filed grievances with both and received a call the next dayfrom a Verizon "Corporate Manager" saying he was very sorry to hear of my issues and admitted that he had a family member as well that was experiencing the same problems. He said let me research your account and I'll call you with a few days. He called back on Friday May 18th and exclaimed the update will be to you next week. I asked how he wasable to confirm this and he said at his level there is means to be aware of these type of occurences. I then posed the big question... What happens if the software either does not launch or does not resolve the issues? His reply was that let's worry about that if the need occurs. So here I am again waiting for the legendary update.... He rally did nothing but tell me the same story wait for the update. If the resolution is not satisfactory I will be breaking the 2 year contract based on the pretense that Verizon failed to provide the services as related to phone calls and utilization fo their network. This can be proven by phone call records and time actually logged onto their network. The expectation is that the $700 ETF will be waived. Count yourself lucky that I'm not charging you for the time and trouble spent on the phone with your technical suppor, the inconvenience of not being able to make calls reliably and continuing to sell and promote a phone that you knew since January had a host of issues. I will not trcommend Verizon to any of my colleagues, friends, or family based on deception, poor technical support, and lack of a tangible resolution.

DroidudeAZ
Contributor - Level 2

I got a Galaxy Nexus in January and paid $650 for it. I bought it because it was a Google Experience phone and would be first in line with software updates. The first one had awful radios and whenever I turned off wifi and ventured outside of my house or work, it was a crapshoot whether I would pick up a 3G or 4G connection. I exchanged it within the 2 week window and the second phone had bad radios as well. Two weeks after that I asked for another replacement and was told that because I was out of the two week exchange window I would be receiving a Certified Like New replacement. I said that I paid $650 for the phone a month ago and he said that it didn't matter, that was company policy. The third one was better than the first two for a couple of months. Then it started rebooting and getting stuck in mid boot until I pulled the battery and restarted it. I started having signal issues again too. I finally exchanged it, begrudgingly, for a Droid Razr Maxx....which I like a lot. It will get Android 4.0 in a few weeks and I actually likes some aspects of the Blur like the weather function and Quick Contacts app plus the phone is faster on the move than the Galaxy Nexus and the screen, while not HD, displays brighter whites and colors. I can't tell the difference in reading between either screen. I also had nearly constant buffering when watching videos. The Razr Maxx doesn't buffer at all. I'm think I'm going to be happier overall.

0 Likes