Re: Verizon to charge customers a $2 fee when paying bill online or over the phone starting January 15th
wwws56a
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon will be sorry they tried this. Remember what happened to Netflix, they are hurting after changing the way they charged customers thinking they would just roll over and take it.

Well I won't, my contract ends this month and if this stupid idea isn't rescinded, I'm history.

The best way to wake Verizon up is with our feet.

There is always Republic Wireless $19.00/ month, unlimited everything no contract.

republicwireless.com

Re: Verizon to charge customers a $2 fee when paying bill online or over the phone starting January 15th
al0792
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is totally unfair.  Why offer online payment service and then charge a 2 dollar service FEE..  I might just switch to Straight Talk.

tkaytx
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just heard on the news that Verizon will start charging a $2 fee to pay bills online or by phone. I DO NOT want to pay an extra fee for paying online. You charge enough that I shouldn't have to pay an extra $2. I have already made a post on my facebook page about this and plan on having all of my friends make their feelings about this issue known to you as well. Extremely disappointed with the direction this company is headed and the cheap tactics being employed in these trying financial times.

kcmt
Enthusiast - Level 1

This fee is plain wrong.  Customers sign up for a contract and on top of the regular charges there are a ton of 911, state, and federal taxes charged, and now Verizon wants to charge $2 a month to it's loyal customers for the convenience of paying our bill without using a check and/or visiting a store.  Surely it's more cost effective to process the payments electronically than to pay someone to process a truckload of checks every month.  I've been a customer for over 10 years and I will NEVER pay $24 a year for the convenience of paying my bill online.  I do not like autopay because I don't feel I have control, but yet every month I set up a payment....what is wrong with that?  Unfortunately I just renewed a contract on 1 out of the 3 phones we have with Verizon.  If this fee happens, the other 2 phones' contracts that expire in the next 6 months will be dropped.

Way to go Verizon....

joblessinsalem

I agree that the new fee is highway robbery.  Verizon can plan on me paying my bill from now on by snail mail... or maybe I will actually go to the store and waste their time.

0 Likes
maeanya
Enthusiast - Level 1

My husband and I have been with this company for I think going on 8 years now and I have NEVER had a bad thing to say about them, at least until now. This $2 fee is outrageous, they are going to charge us to use the cheaper/faster options of payment for them. Well I will either be sending them a nice slow check in the mail or going to the store and taking up ten minutes of someone's time while they wait for me to fill the check out and hand it to them. I refuse to sign up for auto bill pay, my checks are not always the same every month I have to juggle my money around, with online pill pay I just paid it and they got there money usually a week or so before it is due. I also don't like the idea of a company being able to dip into my checking account. God forbid something go wonky in their billing system and they double charge me or something like that and then I would have to pay the fees from my bank for their mistake. Anyway if I didn't have almost two years left on my contract I would seriously consider going to another provider. I cannot afford the hundreds of dollars in ETF so that isn't happening.

0 Likes
kdgclg

Nice rip off verizon! I was going paperless now I won't be so enviromentally friendly. So I can drive and waste gas and emisions to pay my bill. I have always paid on time, never once late!! And this is how you pay me back! I left bank of america because of fees, I might start looking for at other carriers. At least kiss me before you screw me!

0 Likes
hangingonsteel

I have four lines on my account and I promise I will cancel everyone of them and move my business elsewhere if VZW goes ahead with this plan. I will pay the early termination fee out of pure spite! You honestly expect me to believe it costs you more to have me pay my bill online than to go stand at your counter and take up employee time? I encourage anyone that stays with VZW to go to the counter and spend at least one full hour paying the over priced bill. Lets see how much that costs them. Lets watch the churn rate go through the roof if they go through with this one!

0 Likes
jolietjohn
Enthusiast - Level 1

I plan on going back to a paper bill.  They must think we are stupid.  The cost of printing and sending a bill, then processing the paper payment will cost them more.  When my contract is up, I will definitely switch providers. 

gator24

I will start paying my bill with cash. I will take my bill in penny's to their store.

0 Likes