Re: Verizon to charge customers a $2 fee when paying bill online or over the phone starting January 15th
tmbcaspian
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've heard once Verizon turns this fee"on" you have a window of 15 days to cancel your contract with NO TERMINATION fee.  You can then turn around and re-enable, get your same number back and get an upgraded device!!

Re: Verizon to charge customers a $2 fee when paying bill online or over the phone starting January 15th
seduce04

Bad move, Verizon!  I will remember this when my contract comes up for renewal - I suspect many others will as well.  This is great news for the other carriers - I can see Verizon falling even further in the rankings.  Don't you see how people are sick and tired of being abused?  Apparently not, but remember, Karma - simply stated, "...what goes around, comes around ..". 

0 Likes
skyhook
Enthusiast - Level 1

This fee is so ridiculous that I joined this community just to express my outrage!

I pay my bill online 10 days before I receive the bill in the mail. This month my company paid me early due to the holiday, I had to wait a week to pay my bill because it was not yet ready.  Now they are going to charge me to give them money.  I am thinking, what is the rush. I have two lines with Verizon and I pay the max on each line so that I don't get hit with extra fees. I know what my bill is each month. now I get hit with a fee for paying them 10 days before I receive a statement. REALLY!!

0 Likes
popijc

So for those of us that pay our bills online, Verizon does not need to employ as many people to handle the payments, but they are going to charge us an extra fee when we are saving them money?????????????? How does that even make sense? Just another big corporation that does not think they make enough money so they are going to try and get more out of us.

Well you will start getting my payment back in the mail, which will help keep postal workers working.

0 Likes
arebee1

This is GREAT news!!! I love it, thank you verizon for attempting to suck more money out of my pocket for your over paid executives.  But the best part is my contract is up the middle of January.  So now I'll return to AT&T.  YOU FU*#IN' SUCK!

0 Likes
krjella

Verizon has found a new way to suck money out of their customers.  Well I have tried SPRINT and Verizon, on to AT&T with all of my family phones. Thanks for showing how much you care for your customers.  You have been nothing but a headache.

0 Likes
ndvisible

Despizon must be under the mistaken impression that they're the only game in town.  May this latest act of corporate greed (i.e. the $2 convenience fee) bite them in the arse like NetFlix's did.  The first time I pay that $2 fee will be the last.  I already have an extreme hatred for Despizon for what they did to my state and it's land lines.  The ONLY reason I am a customer is because I had Altel and Despizon bought them out.  All I use them for is an air card for PC connection.  I will be looking into nTelos after the first of the year.  May Despizon Enron itself and burn in hell.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon to charge customers a $2 fee when paying bill online or over the phone starting January
jdubclt

I love it!  Now if you can only get a few thousand others to do the same!  Could you imagine?!

0 Likes
veggieburrito
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree.  I have never felt any need to post on here in the past.  This fee is ridiculous.  I will give it a couple of months and if the fee is still in place I am going to start shopping competitors.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon to charge customers a $2 fee when paying bill online or over the phone starting January
veggieburrito
Enthusiast - Level 2

You are very wrong.  This is very much outside the norm.  I have never heard of any company charging for making a payment online.  Through an agent yes.  Online never.  This is ridiculous.

0 Likes