Re: Verizon to charge customers a $2 fee when paying bill online or over the phone starting January 15th
koalababy

I have been with them since my cell phone was a weapon and it just gets more costly every year it seems - let alone instead of fixing things they want us to buy more stuff - don't know bout others but I'm no where near wealthy!!!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon to charge customers a $2 fee when paying bill online or over the phone starting January 15th
koalababy

me too

0 Likes
coqui418

I have been a Verizon user for a very long time.  In the past I would always recommend Verizon to others.  I guess the buck is about to stop for you Verizon.  My contract ends in April 2012 and if the increase of $2.00 a month for processing fees is in place for those of us who pay online I assure Verizon "Adios mi Amigo" (translation - farewell my friend) my relationship with you will end in April.  I would send a monthly check to delay the process but I love the idea of showing up with coins for Verizon employees to count while I patiently wait for the employee to confirm receipt of payment.  I think they need to invest in coin counters!  The audacity of Verizon to think that their consumers would accept an increase of this nature, without an OUTCRY!  Allow me to extend my sympathies to Verizon for their pending losses and the disastrous impact upon their employees who will be on the frontline and to those who will just pay the fee and feel that they really do not have an option.  Verizon there are always OPTIONS! 

POST YOUR MSGS TELL YOUR "FAMILY AND FRIENDS" TO POST THEIR OUTRAGE, SEND AN EMAIL TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW, USE YOUR SOCIAL NETWORKS AND TWITTER AWAY.

Please, please choose multiple mediums to to encourage others to voice their objections as well as paying just late enough not to incur penalties, delaying their employees in the stores and ultimately leaving Verizon if this cannot be resolved!  

Message was edited by: coqui 418 For those who continue to respond to this issue, IT'S RESOLVED and has been for a bit now!  I'm still out with the jury whether or not I will continue with Verizon and the temptation to pay my bill in coins still exist.  Thanks to all who raised their voices and took action.  It's amazing what we can do collectively.

0 Likes
kcmt
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon agreed to not charge the $2....for those that are still complaining

about it. Granted, they shouldn't have planned to in the first place, but

it's over....

0 Likes
trehki

I know you posted that it is over. I am still not happy with Verizon for even contemplating this idea. I do use auto pay already and have for years. I pay 100 plus a month and see the plans just get higher and higher. I am at the end of patience with this stuff. I have had all my buttons pushed except for one and all it will take is one more push... I have all my family members and a number of friends ready to switch from Verizon. If they push the last button they will stand to loose close to 10 grand in a few days time. If everyone does the same Verizon will see a no-win situation.

0 Likes
verizonsux_

Kinda tough to call it a 'convenience fee' when paying online or over a phone costs Verizon ZERO!  Contract's already up & I'm month to month.  Already looking for a new carrier.  BYE BYE VERIZON!  U F***** UP AGAIN!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

verizonsux! wrote:

Kinda tough to call it a 'convenience fee' when paying online or over a phone costs Verizon ZERO!  Contract's already up & I'm month to month.  Already looking for a new carrier.  BYE BYE VERIZON!  U F***** UP AGAIN!

really?  Do you know how much it costs to employ someone over the phone?  Do you know how much it costs in bandwidth and server space to take transactions?  There's a lot more involved than you honestly believe. Getting everyone on auto bill pay would be a lot cheaper in the long run.

0 Likes
ndvisible

Despizon can drop the $2 fee for paying online or by phone, but they're still losing me. I keep getting death threats from them because I'm using an Altel device on their network. They say if it's ever deactivated it can't be reactivated on a Despizon network. Um ~ it works now. Why can't it work whenever? Answer: It has unlimited data. They're trying everyway possible to get rid of old contracts like that.I never EVER wanted to be a Despizon customer again, and when they bought out Altel I thought "here we go again!" And I was right.  I still hope a $#!† load of people drop them for their attempt to gouge yet again. Verizon (Despizon) is a thoroughly UN-American company to it's core. Capitalism is good. Criminal Corporate RAPE is not.  I remember the days when companies courted business by GIVING the customer stuff. The turds in charge today want to see how far they can break it off in you and still keep you coming back for more.  Why do we keep giving demonic turds like this our business?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

~

Stop trolling...  It's been days when Verizon said they wouldn't do it.  If you used your head nothing is often free regardless if you care or not.  I have ran a business and I have worked pretty high up where you'd wish you could be.  There's a lot of hidden costs you will never see or care to understand and the reason why most business fails.  Start your own business before you make claims.  It's not always about making your mega millions of customers happy.  If they always did everything just for their consumers they'd be quickly out of business themselves.  Look at T-Mobile and the reason why they want out here in the states.

farmhand

It started last july 2011 that my verizon hotspot (internet at home) started loosing signal after two years of working fine. Shortly after that our cell phones had to be taken out to the yard to get a signal (can you hear me now?).

The fix was to get a AT&T hotspot(4 of 5 bars) and then spend $249.00 for a network extender threw verizon for my phones.

I have 11 more months of contract left but because of this $2.00 fee I will be gone as soon as its up. It has been very easy sitting here at the office and making a payment.  NOTE: If anyone is thinking about signing up for auto payment, I would strongly suggest not to. When they start going under they will pull all kinds of fees from your account.

0 Likes