Very Disappointed with Nexus signal right now!!
ThisGirlLovesYankees

I have been a loyal customer with Verizon for almost 10 years now and have been happy with the service up until now.  I upgraded from my Blackberry to the Nexus in February.  Right off the bat I had issues with the signal dropping every now and then. I was assured that in April and update was coming out that would fix all issues,  Well, I got the 4.0.4 update and things just went downhill.  My signal drops every time I go to make a phone call, email, text, web surf, etc.  So, I went to the store to discuss this issue.  They swapped my SIM card and sent me a refurb.   Nothing has changed.

I have pulled the battery and SIM card, and I have also done a factory reset.  Nothing helps.

I basically have a phone that I cannot use.  I called Verizon two days ago and had a ticket opened to have this issue resolved and no change.  I have 2 small children and also use my phone for work.  I cannot have a phone that does not work and am at wits end on what further action I can take.  So frustrated!

0 Likes
Re: Very Disappointed with Nexus signal right now!!
siegan

i understand your pain, im on my 4th replacement now... Im not having any better reception but at least im not watching my signal bar go from 3-4 bars to completely gray with a white "X"

0 Likes
Very Disappointed with Nexus signal right now!!
ThisGirlLovesYankees

Mine goes from full white bars with a 4G/3G symbol then drops to gray with an x every time I use it.  Maybe I should request another replacement.  Not sure what else there is to do..

0 Likes
the1lyden

OK, well i dunno if this will help, but it has at least provided me with a constant signal and waaaay more battery life.

I, like many of you was still experiencing signal loss after getting the 4.0.4 update and factory resetting my phone. I went to my Verizon store yesterday and they said there was a ticket submitted as of 6/6 (same day) that will go to Samsung who will need to come up with a patch or something.

The guy said that in the meantime the temp fix is to DL an app called "4G Toggle". Once you have it, open it and change your network mode to: CDMA (this is locking you into the 3G network so u can get and maintain a constant signal)

The guy said that it looks like the software on the phone is having issues with deciding what to do with the 3G (CDMA) and 4G (LTE) signals.... so it is constantly disconnecting and reconnecting and running down your battery.

It isn't a perm fix, but at least my phone works like a real phone, and doesn't burn through my battery so fast. Hope this helps... at least until there is a patch.

0 Likes
eltorro711033

That guy snowed you over like it is nobody's business. That app does nothing but take you to what verizon already has on the phone. The app says so itself. It is nothing but a shortcut. He basically told you that you are paying for 4g but can't use it and you don't even realize it. Look how long it took to get 4.0.4. Look how long it took verizon to push it out. Do you really think Verizon is going to let a samsung patch come out anytime soon? I just got a replacement phone...... No better than the one I am sending back tomorrow.

0 Likes
Ninjustin

I am having worse signal issues after the 4.0.4 patch as well.  I got it day before yesterday and I have already seen the phone crash once and the 3g signal has just stopped working 3 times making me restart the phone.  This has always happened at home or places I am used to using the phone.  I can't get 4g as I live in a very rural area, so it's usually just a bar or two of 3g signal for me.

After testing this is obviously a new phone issue. I can make calls but not get data anymore and it doesn't come back on no matter where you move to try to get a better signal.  I have even set it next to my girlfriends verizon mifi when it has been working fine and the phone has been non-responsive.  My phone never had this problem before the new patch and it has happened three times in two days.  In the couple months I have had the phone it had only crashed twice so I hope the one crash already is not going to become the norm.  The phone in general is faster I just hope the signal thing gets sorted out quickly.  I rely on my phone for my only source of email because of where I live and when the signal won't reconnect I am not reviving important messages.

This is the most awesome phone I have ever had.  I kinda wish I hadn't updated because of this signal issue.

0 Likes
aguy127
Enthusiast - Level 1

weak. thanks for the heads up, I think ill stick with my older model 😃

0 Likes
kickflipper1087

<Comment removed per the > Just turn off NFC feature and see if it helps you too! Go to Settings>More...>uncheck NFC. You won't be able to use that Android beam thing but honestly it doesn't seem like a feature I would use more than twice a year.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
kmann
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm also still having issues.

I'm becoming concerned that if I ever have to dial 911 that a few seconds in, I'll lose signal... have to wait... call again.. lose signal.. .call again. That could be a very bad day.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

If you ever had to dial 911 before the call even connects they'll know where you are and they will call you back 100% of the time. 

0 Likes