Vibrate for Notifications
Herbb623
Contributor - Level 3

Have 3 new samsungs fascinates.  All working great except for the GPS issue.( taking 2-3 minutes to get a lock,but then good.)

I see how to set the phone to vibrate only on incoming calls but I cannot figure out how to also set the notifications to

vibrate only on incoming messages, notifications, etc.   Setting..notifications allows use to choose silent or one of many tones..but no vibrate option.

Can this be done somehow?  In meetings at work, just want phone to vibrate for calls, notifications, etc.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Vibrate for Notifications
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

The settings to individually change the ringtone and vibrate options for notifications should be inside of the apps themselves.  i.e.  Open messaging, hit settings and scroll down and check vibrate.  You can also try Ringleader or Quick Profiles.  Both will let you quickly manage sound profiles.

0 Likes
enaidmm
I have this set for my text message notifications but it still doesn't vibrate. Any suggestions?
0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

enaidmm wrote:
I have this set for my text message notifications but it still doesn't vibrate. Any suggestions?

Are you using the stock messaging app or a 3rd party app like Handcent? If you're using a 3rd party app, make sure all the settings are DISABLED or OFF in the stock messaging app. The 2 apps will interfere each with each other and cause notifications to not work properly.

If you're only using the stock app, go into Settings - Applications - Manage Applications, and select your texting app and select Clear Cache.

0 Likes