Vibration Notifications not working with Verizon Message+ app on Galaxy S8. Vibrations setting is set to Alway on within App.
hockeycoach761

Is anyone having issue in not having vibration notifications working with the Verizon Message+ app?  I have my setting set to Vibration always on.  I receive vibration notification with other apps.  Is this just a software issue with the Message+ app?

0 Likes
Re: Vibration Notifications not working with Verizon Message+ app on Galaxy S8. Vibrations setting is set to Alway on within App.
Firehawk_1066
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issue. If the phone is set to vibrate I don't get the vibration which an incoming text message and the led does not blink. If it's set to sound on they both work and if the phone is on silent the led works. It seems that there is something broken when the phone is set to vibrate while using messages+. Seeing as how it works fine with other apps I believe it's a messages + issue.

0 Likes
Re: Vibration Notifications not working with Verizon Message+ app on Galaxy S8. Vibrations setting is set to Alway on within App.
bearone21
Legend

switch to the default app, i did years ago.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hockeycoach761, I use the Verizon Message + app on my own Android Smartphone. Hearing that your Message + app is not vibrating when you're receiving notifications greatly concerns us and we'd like to get this resolved for you. Just a few questionsto ask of you. How long has this been happening and has the Message + app ever vibrated on your device when you're receiving notifications to it?

RobertC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
johnbishop1961

Is this thread still open?  I have the same problem.  Cleared cache, disabled and restarted and reenabled app to no avail.  I need a message app with a repeat feature, and of course vibration.  Samsung Message used to have this feature, but now it appears that the Verizon Message + app is my only choice--and now it won't vibrate.  Please resolve this issue.  Thanks.  I will answer VEX Support questions.  Vibration worked with this app on my previous phone, the S6, but never worked with my newly purchased 8+.

0 Likes
johnbishop1961

Sorry, auto correction screwup, "I will answer VZW Support questions."

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We realize how important it is to have your notifications working to let you know when you receive a text.  Texting is used so frequently in our daily lives.  Let’s work on this together and start off by checking some of your settings.  Please go into the Message + application, then go to Menu (lines in top left corner), and then Settings.  Please select Vibrate and tell us what option is selected.  Is your Driving Mode turned on?  Is your “Notifications-Display message notifications in status bar option checked on (enabled)?  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize as my post just now was missing my signature.

SeanC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
johnbishop1961

Vibrate is set to "Always," driving mode is off, "Heads Up Notification" is checked.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for troubleshooting with us, we really do understand how important it is for your notifications to work.  We will continue troubleshooting this issue with you. The next step in troubleshooting would be to have you reset all settings on the phone.  Follow the link for instructions: http://vz.to/2pXJK7i

Ralpht_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes