Video Black on V Cast Media Manager
mandymomof3

When I synced my videos to vcast media manager, the thumbnails show up and the videos will play on my phone.  However, when I try to play them on my computer and when I burned them to a DVD, they show up black.  the audio plays fine, but no video.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Video Black on V Cast Media Manager
HarleyDrifter
Contributor - Level 1

I posted this a while back and it should help...

Playing the Fascinate's videos on a PC:

• DivX Plus Player  At first I couldn't get the Fascinate's mp4 video files to playback with any of the players on my PC including Verizon's VCast.  After rechecking the phone's video specs, I saw that it was DivX Certified, went to the DivX website, downloaded the free DivX Player Plus, and "bingo" my video files finally played - beautifully - and I didn't have to modify or convert anything.
  • Windows Media Player  I went to the Microsoft website and looked up Media Player and found out that it does not support mp4 format, however it did list the audio/video formats that it can play and one of those was WMV.  I then dragged one of my mp4 video files over to the desktop (created a short-cut) and RENAMED the file extension from .mp4 to .WMV, then double clicked on the new icon, and "voila" it PLAYED.  Now I didn't run this thing through any conversion software converting it to another format, I just changed the file extension and fooled Windows Media Player to play it, and it did.  I'll admit I got a warning message after renaming the file but I ignored it, and the file played just as nicely as it did in the DivX player.
  • QuickTime Player  This is Apple's player and anyone who has a Mac is using this player, however, you can also get a free PC version from them which I downloaded and to make a long story short, I renamed the file extension of my video to .MOV and guess what?  It played and just as well as it did on the other two players.
0 Likes