Video Camera?
GTWYO

I will admit my ignorance, but on the front of the phone to the left of the speaker is what appears to be a small camera, like on my kids Ipod.  I would assume it is for some sort of video chatting or something, but heck if i can figure out what it is or how to use it.  I have gone over the manual, but i am not finding it.  what am i missing?

0 Likes
Re: Video Camera?
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

you're wrong. it's a proximity sensor and light level sensor.

0 Likes
GTWYO

Wow, that sucks.  This phone is a bigger piece of **bleep** than I thought.  I am seriously disappointed.

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

because it doesn't have an unsupported piece of bling? the phones that have this camera can only use it on wifi. I'll take my flawlessly working phone over a fad phone like the iphone that is only barely functional compared to the fascinate.

0 Likes
GTWYO

I would say the I Phone is very functional, and has considerably more support than this Samsung phone.  I have contacted Samsung about a problem, they could have cared less.  I won't be getting an I Phone, but I would like to have a really cool phone for once, it seems i missed that boat once again.  Thanks for the info though.

0 Likes
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3

If by "piece of ****" you mean one of the fastest phones with the best screen on the market, then yeah I'll have to agree.  It's only about as powerful as a low-end netbook.

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

one of few phones that can rightly be called a gaming phone. it has a 1 GHZ cpu coupled with a 3d gaming GPU and a 6 axis accelerometer.

0 Likes