Videos stay in pending mode and rarely send
AEisele

My phone will not send videos, even when they are limited for MMS. I first noticed this problem a couple weeks ago and have since tried EVERYTHING. Turning phone off, soft reset, *228, factory reset, and now have a replacement phone. Only problem is this one does it too! I will take a limited for MMS video send it and it will stay in pending status forever. If it does send (which is rare) it takes over an HOUR to do so. It is getting really annoying and I haven't been able to find a fix. Anyone else having this issue and how can I fix it?! 

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Videos stay in pending mode and rarely send
Wildman
Legend

No disrespect but you do realize you are sending wireless from a mobile device, since you are not on a desktop and using a broadband hard line I don't get what you are expecting? 

They limit the MMS size because sending large files this way has to many chances of sending corrupt data or images because of weak signal or dropped signal all together when driving or moving..

0 Likes
AEisele

I'm not trying to send large files, I am fine with the limit for MMS size, my problem is that they no longer send, they stay in pending state for over an hour (or more) and some never send. I didn't used to have the problem with the same size of file, which is why I was looking for a solution. I am not expecting my phone to send large files like I could on a desktop/laptop but I do expect it to send videos limited for MMS as it should be able to. 

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Sorry I misunderstood the post...  I apologize for the mistake..

Have you checked your power manager settings?  Also about how large is files because mms size allowed is rather small...

0 Likes
AEisele

It's alright, this issue is just very frustrating. And after I got the new phone it worked fine for two different cantacts until a couple days later. Anyways, what in the power manager should I be looking at? I don't think I've changed any settings. And the file size is 1150K, the most it will allow for. I always select "limit for MMS" when in the camera mode so it automatically stops when that has been reached, then I "share" through messaging, only it doesn't send... If I go in through my messages, compose a new message and select attachment then capture video it is also 1150K and stops when it is reached. Neither way of attaching works and they stay pending for hours at a time or never send at all. 

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I am unsure where this option is on the Fascinate but Android commonly has a power manager that will change data, wifi and backlight to conserve power but if you don't recall changing this it might not be your case.  Are you using any apps like Juice Defender because it has the option to disable data connection automatically?

0 Likes
AEisele

Ah, yeah I haven't changed any of those settings. I can recieve videos just fine, I just got one earlier. And as for apps, I don't have many (because I just got a replacement phone and have only added back the ones I use), and none are called Juice Defender. I'm not sure what the heck it could be if I can get pictures and videos just fine and as far as I know I can send pictures no problem. It's videos BOTH phones have had issues with. 

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I am drawing a blank.... The only thing I can think is maybe its something with the network in your area, I also realize that different devices have different size restructions but you are having issues with using the same device...

A strange one indeed..

0 Likes
AEisele

Exactly. It's weird. And I could send videos before in the same place and all that. It's driving me crazy. I may call in and ask for another phone since this one didn't fix the issue I had. 

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Sounds like a ideal to consider....   Hope you find a solution..

0 Likes