Re: Videos stay in pending mode and rarely send
AEisele

Update: did a factory reset, sent a video, it was pending then my phone was freaking out and freezing so I reset it again. After the second reset I sent a video again and it's still pending... I don't have any apps downloaded so I don't know what the problem is. 

0 Likes
Herbb623
Contributor - Level 3

Make sure 'wifi' is turned off and 'mobile data' is turned on.

then try sending another small video.

0 Likes
AEisele

That's how the settings are. Still not working. I just called verizon, they are sending me my third device (got this one a week ago) and if the problem still occurs we'll call Samsung. 

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Community,

I know exactly what you are experiencing because, I too, have the Fascinate and haven't been able to send any video messages to anyone for quite some time. When I do attempt to send a video MMS, I get an error

Message size limit reached. Unable to attach file. File size too large.

Please try these steps:

Go to the Camera application, select the settings icon, Press the tool icon, and hit Reset on the second page. If this does not resolve the issue, go to menu, settings, applications, Manage Applications, Select ALL, locate the Camera application and select Force Stop.  

Once you have done those steps, try to take another video and send. I am interested to know whether or not it will work for you.

I myself gave up trying to send video messages, but since I see you all are having problems as well, I will be sending our findings over to Samsung to see how we can again share video messages.

0 Likes
AEisele

That's not what mine does, though I have had that problem. My phone just refused to actually send videos. It would say it was 'pending' for hours at a time. I am on my third phone and it worked for a couple days then a couple nights ago started again. It eventually sent but took several hours. I'll try again in a minute to see what it is doing now but I may have to call in again, at which point I was told we would be colling Samsung. So I'll update in a bit. 

0 Likes
AEisele

Called Verizon. We went through all the technical support and they had me send videos (which eventually went through but took forever). The tech guy said that over the next couple days they would monitor the success of sending videos and people would drive around my area to see whether or not it was an area issue (though its happened in another area as well) so we shall see how it goes. 

0 Likes