Visual Voicemail on GNex
SMBison88

Has anyone had issues loading VZW Visual Voicemail onto the GNex?  I've tried multiple times and if says "Checking Account Status" for quite a period before telling me to try again later.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Visual Voicemail on GNex
Tidbits
Legend
I am assuming you are using the blue icon. There is a different app for the nexus. It hasa red icon that looks like a tape.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ThePiombino
Enthusiast - Level 3

SMBison88 wrote:

Has anyone had issues loading VZW Visual Voicemail onto the GNex?  I've tried multiple times and if says "Checking Account Status" for quite a period before telling me to try again later.

I was under the impression that Visual Voicemail is an account add-on (paid service).  Could be wrong...

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend
I am assuming you are using the blue icon. There is a different app for the nexus. It hasa red icon that looks like a tape.
0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

If you have Verizon Visual Voicemail you need to remove it as that one WILL NOT work for the Galaxy Nexus.

You need to get Verizon Visual Voicemail for Nexus and everything will run well.

These are direct market links and you can push install the second from that link.  You must have the first one removed or you will get an error on the second one when trying to authenticate.

0 Likes
ThePiombino
Enthusiast - Level 3

Visual Voice Mail lets you access & manage your voicemails, so you don't have to dial Voice Mail. Listen to, erase, sort, or reply to voicemail messages. Immediately respond via callback or SMS. Support for 4G LTE network. *A $2.99 monthly subscription fee applies.

*Just a heads up

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

ThePiombino wrote:

Visual Voice Mail lets you access & manage your voicemails, so you don't have to dial Voice Mail. Listen to, erase, sort, or reply to voicemail messages. Immediately respond via callback or SMS. Support for 4G LTE network. *A $2.99 monthly subscription fee applies.

*Just a heads up

It will tell him that once he gets past the point where he is stuck in.  :smileyhappy:

He is using the wrong app and it tells him he is stuck in authentication because he is using the wrong app.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Who! tidbits that sounds like to me.  An app that he definitely needs to get rid of immediately.! B33

0 Likes
SMBison88

You are exactly right!  I was trying to use the blue icon and should have downloaded the red Nexus app.  Thank you!!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

SMBison88 wrote:

You are exactly right!  I was trying to use the blue icon and should have downloaded the red Nexus app.  Thank you!!

I think at some point the new one for the Galaxy Nexus will be used for all devices.  :smileyhappy: Would be nicer if they did it off the bat instead of keeping them apart.  It might be due to the missing auth system Verizon likes to put on the devices though...  

0 Likes