Voice Amplified
Cutiepatooties

I really like this new phone but for some reason, my voice sounds amplified when i'm on a phone call. I made the system sound lower but that didn't help.

Does anyone know why it sounds like I'm talking into a megaphone? I would hate to think something is wrong with the phone. I'm imagining it's just  setting that I'm not figuring out. Please Help!!!! Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Voice Amplified
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Have you tried adjusting the volume during the phone call? In-call volume is often different than the system volume.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3

Just like with any phone, if the other person is hearing you very loud, then adjusting volume settings on your end won't help.

Aside from speaking more quietly, putting the mouthpiece end further away from your mouth, using a hands-free device, or turning off the speaker phone (if you have that on), the person you talk to is the one who will have to turn down his or her in-call volume.

0 Likes
Cutiepatooties

i tried to make the incoming call volume lower. it didnt help at all. i'm speaking like i always did on any other phone i had. it sounds like i'm speaking into a megaphone. isn't there some setting that i can adjust? 

0 Likes
Herbb623
Contributor - Level 3

Sounds like you may have the speakerphone turned on.  When you're on a call, look at phone.

Is there a little 'green' bar in the speakerphone button ??  If its green, press it to turn off

speakerphone.

0 Likes
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3

I'm going to say this once more.

Just like every other phone, there are no settings to adjust how loud you sound to another person.  That's their job to change the in-call volume to adjust how loud you sound to them.

If this is only happening with one or two people and not everyone with whom you converse on the phone, then chances are that they either have their in-call volume turned really high (can only be adjusted during the call) or they have speaker phone turned on.

If this is happening with everyone, then try having them all lower their in-call volume (during the call).  If this does not remedy the issue (which it probably won't if you sound that loud to everyone), then take your phone back to the store from which you purchased it, explain the issue, and ask them to swap it out for another one.  I'm assuming that you couldn't have gone without someone telling you about this issue for more than 30 days.

0 Likes