Voicemail Notification
Lew

I cannot find anywhere if the Samsung Fascinate has a notification sound when someone leaves a voicemail. We had one on our LG Envy, and expected it with as a standard on a cell phone. The only thing I find at Samsung is that a notification of a pending voicemail displays an icon in the notification area.

Is there an audiable voicemail pending notification onthe Facinate, or is there an app for it?

Tks in advance.

0 Likes
Re: Voicemail Notification
bigfrank69
Contributor - Level 1

Lew wrote:

I cannot find anywhere if the Samsung Fascinate has a notification sound when someone leaves a voicemail. We had one on our LG Envy, and expected it with as a standard on a cell phone. The only thing I find at Samsung is that a notification of a pending voicemail displays an icon in the notification area.

Is there an audiable voicemail pending notification onthe Facinate, or is there an app for it?

Tks in advance.

Lew that is one thing I didn't like about this phone as my EnV Touch I had all alerts for text, pics and phone calls. I use a free app called missed calls by Anno and it does phone calls and text and i use my own message  but have set for two minute alerts. Works great. Another app others talk about is handcent which has lots of options.

0 Likes
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3

When you receive a voicemail notification, the visual display pops up in the notification bar and your notification ringtone also plays.

To set your audio notification, press the menu button at the home screen, select Settings, select Sound & display, select Notification ringtone, and set a tone you'd like for your notifications.

0 Likes
MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

I too have Missed Call and it works pretty well.  Make sure you get the one for Android 2.x and not just Missed Call.

It sometimes doesn't work the way it is supposed to with picture messages.

The problem with just simply setting the notification ringtone in your settings is that it doesn't repeat the notification after so many minutes.  You get the one notification.  So, if you are not near your phone (say you are at work), you don't know you have a message waiting unless you make it a habit to continually check your phone.  This to me is a major oversight on this phone.  My old phone, which was just a simple cell phone, had repeat notifications on it for voicemails, texts, etc.  This one does not.

With Missed Call, you can set up notifications for missed calls, voicemails, text and picture messages, and some others.  The nice thing is that you can set specific ringtones for each of the above.  You can also set repeat notifications to activate at set intervals until you check the voicemail, text, etc.  You can also enable LED lights to flash on your screen (I haven't tried this as I have this disabled.  The ringtone is enough for me.).

0 Likes
scullum

Yeah, that notification tone/volume does not apply to the voicemail for some odd reason. We get a notification tone for MMS text and others, but why not one for a voicemail? Also, there is no puzzle piece on the lock screen for a voicemail. We get one for a missed call and text, but not voicemail. The only way to tell is the top left part of the screen, there is a tiny little voicemail icon. Why omit something so important on ALL other phones, even non-smart phones??

0 Likes