Voicemail notifications
Mrm5008
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Samsung galaxy note 20 does not update voicemails. I have to manually gp in and refresh and then find out I have weeks old messages for important information that I was never notified about.  I've done all the checks. Notifications are on, etc. I'm thoroughly annoyed by this and have seen numerous similar complaints with no resolution from Verizon. This needs addressed and immediately.  It is unacceptable especially considering the amount of money we pay monthly for services that are substandard. 

Hoping to get an actual solution and response from a Verizon rep. Thank you 

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Voicemail notifications
wmcombs
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here's my post from another on e of the many threads on this continuing problem. Maybe it will work for you:

"Ok, here's what fixed it on my Galaxy S21 just now (thanks to a couple of reddit threads!)

• Go to main Settings and find Apps
  • Go to Voicemail and then to Storage
  • Press "Clear Data" at the bottom of the screen
  • Now exit and go find the voicemail and start it.
  • Go through the set-up process for Basic Visual Voicemail again

If you read the pages during setup, you'll  notice that one might say something to the effect of "because of changes to your phone, you will need to set up basic visual voicemail again." It's not always there but sometimes it pops up. Go through the setup procedures for visual voicemail, including waiting for it to process and then starting the app again. This has solved my notification problem on both of our S21 phones. Obviously, something got changed in the update that requires re-registering for basic visual voicemail in order to get the notifications."

It's not a guaranteed fix and in my experience, it might not last (mine went back to not sending notifications after a couple of weeks. Judging from the number of threads on this problem, VZW knows what's happening. They just like making us jump through hoops so it makes it look like they're helping us.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mrm5008 I'm sorry to learn you are having issues with the voicemail notifications. Can you tell me if youhave the mobile data turned on, and your're able to access data with Wi-Fi turned off. 

-Dolores

0 Likes
Mrm5008
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes my data is on and wifi. This reply is quite condescending. There is an issue with the voicemail notifications from many costumers, the app requires manual refresh to show new voicemail. This is not something being caused.by the settings on my phone 

wmcombs
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here's my post from another on e of the many threads on this continuing problem. Maybe it will work for you:

"Ok, here's what fixed it on my Galaxy S21 just now (thanks to a couple of reddit threads!)

• Go to main Settings and find Apps
  • Go to Voicemail and then to Storage
  • Press "Clear Data" at the bottom of the screen
  • Now exit and go find the voicemail and start it.
  • Go through the set-up process for Basic Visual Voicemail again

If you read the pages during setup, you'll  notice that one might say something to the effect of "because of changes to your phone, you will need to set up basic visual voicemail again." It's not always there but sometimes it pops up. Go through the setup procedures for visual voicemail, including waiting for it to process and then starting the app again. This has solved my notification problem on both of our S21 phones. Obviously, something got changed in the update that requires re-registering for basic visual voicemail in order to get the notifications."

It's not a guaranteed fix and in my experience, it might not last (mine went back to not sending notifications after a couple of weeks. Judging from the number of threads on this problem, VZW knows what's happening. They just like making us jump through hoops so it makes it look like they're helping us.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details. Is the device software up to date? 

*Mahagani

0 Likes
wmcombs
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mahagani,

Yes, it's up to date; that's the first thing of which I made sure. I've gone through nearly all of the threads here that discuss this issue and am incredibly disappointed to see that the most common response by VZW reps is to ask for a private message or give basic suggestions that 99% of users have already tried before coming here.

The best information seems to come from other users, which is a great reason for forums such as this. But it would look a lot better for VZW if instead of posting, reps would reach out to users directly instead of posting questions or putting the onus on users to contact VZW. Customer service should be Verizon's responsibility.

CaseyM1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too seem to be having this issue or have noticed this within the last few weeks. I just got a call today missed it but it was a call I was a recognized and figured they would leave a voicemail 20 mins after I got the call no notification of a new voicemail. So I manually went into the voicemail app on my phone and I had not one new voicemails but several. 

Mrm5008
Enthusiast - Level 2

This worked! At least for now... 

Mrm5008
Enthusiast - Level 2

Do what wmcombs suggested above, it worked for me 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wmcombs, we certainly want to assist in resolving this, and would like to start advanced troubleshooting within the account. However, we are unable to send you a message and do apologize for any trouble! Send us a Private Note, so we can work through this with you. 

*Aly

0 Likes