Voicemail phone number conflicting in VM and push notification.
TMCKEN
Enthusiast - Level 2

I noticed this awhile ago. Now I'm capturing screen shots (attached).  I send unknown numbers to voicemail.  If they leave a message, on the push notification, it shows two numbers but on the voicemail app it only shows the first number.  If I call back the first number, it's disconnected.  The second number goes to VM.  But the 2nd number is the same number on the last 3 calls recevied from unknown number that I sent directly to VM and they left a message. BTW, these are robo calls, telemarketers, etc.

Obviously the do not call run by the FTC is a joke.  Everyone is spoofing phone#'s to hide.  Yet the telephone companies are dragging their feet to put in a real solution, unless you want to (wait for it) "pay for it" - wait I have to pay to stop something you created.   ARGH!

Anyways, back to issue.  I chatted with a verizon person and he had me turn off push notification. Why!  That doesn't solve the issue, it only sweeps it under the rug. 

Anyone else having this issue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Voicemail phone number conflicting in VM and push notification.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please don't post phone numbers on this public forum. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Voicemail phone number conflicting in VM and push notification.
TMCKEN
Enthusiast - Level 2

The numbers are spoofed by the telemarketer. 

0 Likes