Volume control and On/Off control
amandy333

Do you accidentally change the VOLUME setting every time you turn the phone on and off?   Poor design!  How do you avoid doing this???

0 Likes
Re: Volume control and On/Off control
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

Since the buttons are on opposite sides of the device........NO !

Looks like another bash the Fascinate thread trying to start.

0 Likes
Suburban78
Contributor - Level 1
Yeah, I have NEVER accidentally changed the volume on mine before! As was said above, volume on the left, power on the right. A neat trick I teach my preschooler, hold your hands out in front of you with your palms away from you and finger tips up and thumbs out toward each other. Your left hand will make a L. Try that, it could help you with the accidental volume issue.
0 Likes
roachman55
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I do it all the time. seems like the on off button you need to give more pressure but the volume buttons just rub against and it changes so I agree it is poor design but will try like it was  explained here on this thread.

0 Likes
amandy333

I'll try that!  I have been just using my right hand.

0 Likes
amandy333

Nope.  I love my phone except for that issue that happens quite frequently.    I also accidentally ZOOM in alot when I hold the phone to take pictures!

0 Likes
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3

I also can't say that I have ever had the problem of accidentally turning off the phone when trying to adjust the volume or vice versa.

What I do when pressing the volume and power buttons is to make sure that I don't have a finger over the button that I'm not trying to press.  In other words, you'll be applying slight pressure to both sides of the phone, of course, but put the pressure on some other part of the phone on the side opposite the button you're trying to press.  I'll describe it below:

Pressing the POWER button with the RIGHT HAND:  I hold the phone so that my bottom 3 fingers are just below the volume buttons and my index finger is just above it.  Then I press the power button with my thumb.

Pressing the POWER button with the LEFT HAND:  I hold the phone so that my thumb is touching the top left of the phone (just above the volume buttons) and the heel of my thumb is touching below those buttons.  Then I press the power button with my middle finger.

Pressing the VOLUME buttons with the RIGHT HAND:  I hold the phone so that my thumb is touching the top right of the phone (just above the power button) and the heel of my thumb is below the power button.  Then I press the volume buttons with my index finger.

Pressing the VOLUME buttons with the LEFT HAND:  I hold the phone so that my bottom 3 fingers are below the power button and my index finger is above it.  Then I press the volume button with my thumb.

Of course, if this is awkward, you could always employ the 2 hand method.  Again, just keep the fingers on the opposite side off of the button you're not trying to press.

Hope that helps.

0 Likes