WHO HATES THEIR SAMSUNG FASCINATE PHONE ????
Z4driver
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm just wondering how many hate their Samsung Fascinate phone as much as I do?     I got mine in Feb & have  had problems since I got it.  It's freezing up, have to take the battery out all the time, can't answer it because it's frozen, but it did ring & ring & ring& ring.  It froze up while in the Verizon store, thank goodness I had witnesses, but they said no one ever came in with that problem.  NOT TRUE!!!!!!  While I was there, 2 other people had the same problem.   So after paying $199 for the phone  (buy the way, now there free with a 2 yr contract)  verizon sent me a "CERTIFIED" PRE OWNED PHONE 3 times, same problems.

Now since the updates in the middle of the night, the samsungs are worse than ever!!!!!!     Some that have complained about it to verizon are getting the run around.  Verizon said they haven't had any complaints.  After reading all 18 pages of complaints, verizon has that complaint as solved when it's not!!   On top of that verizon advisors are on here saying they are aware of the problems we are having & we should try turning all your running apps off, put in airplane mode.  

VERIZON , PLEASE LISTEN TO US!!!  OUR PHONES AREN'T WORKING!!!   MY SCREEN STAYS LIT,  I HAVE MISSED CALLS,   MY BATTERY  IS DRAINED IN 4-5 HRS.  I HAVE TO TAKE THE BATTERY OUT OFTEN, MY PHONE STILL LOCKS UP.   I HAVE A SICK MOTHER WHO IS WAITING TO HAVE SURGERY,  I NEED A RELIABLE PHONE  PLEASE!!!!!

I don't want to text back & forth with a tech anymore, nothing is getting resolved.

0 Likes
Re: WHO HATES THEIR SAMSUNG FASCINATE PHONE ????
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

multiple phone, same problem - most likley user issues

i have 0 issues with my fascinate

try a factory reset, clear the cache, format sd card

factory reset again

and run it as it is out of the box to see if you get the error

0 Likes
Z4driver
Enthusiast - Level 3

Glad to hear your phone is working.  Did your phone update the last 2 weekends?  Since the updates my phone & many many others now have defected  worthless phones.  I've been with verizon for close to 15 yrs & never had this many problems.  I'm actually wasting money on the data package, since the battery  runs down way too fast, I don't get much use out of it. 

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

Z4driver wrote:

Glad to hear your phone is working.  Did your phone update the last 2 weekends?  Since the updates my phone & many many others now have defected  worthless phones.  I've been with verizon for close to 15 yrs & never had this many problems.  I'm actually wasting money on the data package, since the battery  runs down way too fast, I don't get much use out of it. 

update? for what? 2.1 is fine, no need to update

and with the devs out there you can get a better rom then vzw has

0 Likes
chozngirl777

Yes I too hate my Samsung Fascinate.  I was having the same problems (IE: Freezing up, calls going straight to voicemail, not receiving texts, etc. etc.). At first I thought maybe I just had a defective phone.   I then accidentally dropped mine in the water, and did get my replacement from Assurion.  Sure enough, I'm having the same problems.  I was planning on going down today and just adding a line and getting the Iphone 4 (which will costs me and additional $200 plus $30 a month= $560).  However, after reading through these forums, I feel that each and everyone of us should come together and file a class action lawsuit.  It's obvious that these phones are defective.  Legally, if are not receiving the services in which we are paying for, we have the option to "Opt out" of our contract.  I am so close to doing so and going back to A T & T.  Verizon needs to come up with a solution immediately, or I am doing one or the other, guaranteed!

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

Don't hate it fix it.  You can work on it and actually get it running pretty good and it's not that hard to do.

0 Likes
Z4driver
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree, either give us new different phones FREE (plus credit our bills) or let us out of our contract or we should all agree to file a class action lawsuit.  I am NOT paying $107 a month for a phone that doesn't work.  

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

please file the lawsuit

i would like to see at least 1 person that threatens it do it

just for laughs

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

mdram4x4 wrote:

please file the lawsuit

i would like to see at least 1 person that threatens it do it

just for laughs

YES, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smileyvery-happy::smileywink:

Out of the hundreds of these that have been threatened, have yet to see one.

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

Z4driver wrote:

I agree, either give us new different phones FREE (plus credit our bills) or let us out of our contract or we should all agree to file a class action lawsuit.  I am NOT paying $107 a month for a phone that doesn't work.  

I need a new phone also....
0 Likes