Re: We are waiting for "Android 4.1 JB", When is it coming?
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

uhm...you may want to re-read that contract.  No part of the contract requires Verizon to provide a single update. Any updates they do provide is a privilege, not a right.

KLRSKIR
Enthusiast - Level 3

Anyone had any "Force stop" luck?

0 Likes
babykitty72
Enthusiast - Level 1

if it is going to fix my self mute and drop calls I am all for it. 

0 Likes
slr7287
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does anyone know if the JB ota will help with all the effed up nexus signal issues?
I am now on my 6th phone from Verizon (3 razrs that were wrongly sent, and 3 Gnex) and 90% of all my calls drop, yet I cant get them to fully admit that there is a issue- even when my calls disconnect while speaking with them.

Ive had this issue with them when I was in Florida, on a cruise in the Caribbean, and here in my house in GA.

I find it so odd that somehow its only my phones that are the issue- none of my family members have problems, nor do my neighbor.

Now  it just seems like I have a fricken paperweight that i paid hundreds of dollars for

I dont want a different phone- I want my nexus to work. Thats why I got a nexus to begin with.

/sigh

0 Likes
babykitty72
Enthusiast - Level 1

They know but don't want to admit it.  I went into a different verizon store and before i even said what my issue is I said "i have a Nexus" and he said "I really hate that phone"  so they know

0 Likes
GambitIam
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wow... I've had a GNex since December, and I've never had a problem with signal, making calls, and such. I live in rural South Georgia and even before 4.0.4 got pushed out, I never had a problem.

I would still like JellyBean though... sooner rather than later.

Tidbits
Legend

I just compiled it myself and installed it on my phone.  I didn't bother to wait It's a Nexus.

GambitIam
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good for you, Tidbits. I'll give Verizon a little longer to push it out, mainly because I've got finals coming up and don't have the time to play with my phone too much. However, if they haven't pushed it out by the time I get done with school it'll be <Deleted per the .>. Seriously makes me less likely to re-up a contract with Verizon in the future though...

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
slr7287
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would but I just dont know what to do. I dont want to mess it up and then have no one to blame (since it voids warrenty)

When I bought this phone, I didnt know about the bootloader and such - I never thought I would need to even think about it, after all, I just wanted a phone that looked cool, and works.

Had a GNex in Korea- never had any issues.

ugh I'm so sick of this.

0 Likes
Dornier
Enthusiast - Level 2

This will be a test for me to stay with Verizon.  If the JB update is released in a week, I'm staying.  If it doesn't, I'm getting the GSM Nexus from Google and jumping ship when my contract is up.  Too bad Google doesn't have the pull that Apple has on carriers.

Verizon, if you're reading this, please push the update soon!  I want my LTE and JB, it's a Nexus after all.