We need help on how to send video through email, MMS and such
ladybell
Enthusiast - Level 3
Ok so can anyone tell us how to share our videos we record on the Fascinate through email or MMS or you tube?  I have taken just some test videos that are only a few seconds long and tried to email and text but it says the file is too large.  I have changed the resolution. 
Whoa tap the breaks!  Ok so I just found the little button in the top left corner that looks like a camera and real and if you touch that it comes up with two options: Normal and Limit for MMS.  I just sent an MMS to a friend to test and will see how that works.  Is it this same for emails or do we still need to change resolutions or something? 
Any tips on this to help some of us to send certain videos out to friends and family would be awesome.  THanks in advance.
0 Likes
Re: We need help on how to send video through email, MMS and such
ladybell
Enthusiast - Level 3

Oh and another thing.  If the limit for MMS works then it would work on whatever videos I take from this point forward but what about if the video was shot in "Normal" and already saved that way.  Can someone help to tell us how to share this type of video?

0 Likes
roachman55
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dont know what to ad other than make sure resolution is low and set for mms. From that point if vid is one minute or less it should send like sending a picture

0 Likes
ladybell
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well I did get it to send as an MMS but the reason I posted this was from the post of the JenFbragg lady that was so frustrated because she couldn't share her sons first steps.  So it dawned on me that if she didn't already set the "limit to MMS" before she shot the video that it was done in normal view and is too large to email or send as MMS.  So how does she share this unless there is a way to upload to a you tube account or transfer to her PC and use and existing program there to view or email out?

0 Likes
ladybell
Enthusiast - Level 3

Still would like any input if it is out there.  The question is, if a video was shot in normal view and saved on the device, how can it be sent in an email?  Are there limitations or settings that will allow that type of sharing? I see we can use All Share which I know nothing about, Bluetooth, Email, Gmail, Messaging and You tube but is there a way to upload to Facebook?

0 Likes
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3

Remember that you're limited to a certain file size for each method.

Using Gmail (which is the only way to send large files and non-pic/videos) will allow you to send an attachment of up to 25MB.  But you have to remember that other email services may not allow people to receive file sizes that large, so keep that in mind.  However, to do this, you will need to download a file manager app from the Android Market.  Here are 2 reasons for doing this.  First, the file manager app will allow you to send non-picture/video files in Gmail.  Second, you can use some of them to zip files, saving you some space (although probably not much with a video).

Regarding MMS, forget about it.  It limits to 1150K (roughly 1MB) and if you're asking this question, chances are it's well above that point.

YouTube may be the best option as it allows a maximum file size of 2GB (yes, GB)!!!  You may, however, be limited to transfering over WiFi.  I'm not 100% certain about this though.  To transfer a video onto YouTube, open your YouTube app, press the menu button, upload, your accout, and then select the file you want to upload.

If you have videos larger than 2GB, the only alternative may be to transfer them to your computer and view them there or using video editing software to shrink the file down.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

get an app called Qik. you can set up an account with qik and link it to youtube, facebook, or twitter. it took me 10 minutes to download the app, go to the site, set up my account, and link it to fb (youtube should be just as easy). i take one minute+ hd videos all of the time now and immediately upload them to qik and it immediately posts to fb. seriously.....i take a video of my boys playing in the yard and in about 30 seconds it is posted to my fb page. it is as near to live streaming as it gets, without actually being live. qik is flat out the best app that i've ever downloaded.

0 Likes