We need new radio firmware not JB
Bentmountain
Contributor - Level 1

We need new radio firmware not JB

Jelly bean has no difference in look or feel

The Nexus needs the radio firmware fixed so it can work as advertied  4g is basiclly useless either it runs the battery down or has issues handing off.

As for JB the Verizon binaries were just released so at the rate veerizon moves i would expect JB as a christmas present but if they don't address the radio issues it won't fix anything.

just my two cents.

0 Likes
Re: We need new radio firmware not JB
slr7287
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yep I agree.
I'm on replacement number 8 (although the count of nexus is at 4) and to be honest, I am about to take a hammer to it.
I know I can get it replaced with something else.
I know I'm being stubborn.
But when I'm told, time after freaking time, that its "the area you live in maam"
or "oh having -115dBm is perfectly fine!"
or "there are NO known signal issues with the nexus at this time Smiley Happy "
It makes me scream.
SAME STORY for the last 6 months now. I dont want to hear about rooting it. Did it, didnt help for squat. Its back to stock now.
My American side tells me to just call Verizon and tell them that they ****, and they shouldnt be selling the phone when they KNOW they have issues with the radio handoff, and to just request a friggen Razr (sigh)
But my Korean side gets pissed off because I had this phone in Korea and there were NO issues. ZERO. WHY did I pay so much frickin money for this!?! Why cant you admit the issue? Why cant you send me a phone that works? why cant you FIX the frickin issue?
If you CANT FIX IT, STOP SELLING THE PHONE.

So now I take a drink, and have the weekend to contemplate which temper will win out. Obviously, breaking my phone will be a rash decision, seeing as how I still have 18 months left on my contract.
But ***** if it wouldnt feel fabulous

>Post edited to remove profanity<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

mateoisgroovy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I totally agree. I bought a BRAND NEW Gnex that came in the mail just a few days ago and from the moment i turned it on, it could not activate. Had the whole 3g/4g off and on back and forth no consistent connection issues like a whole bunch of people. (and I live in NEW YORK!) I should be receiving my replacement in the mail within the next few days, and with what I've been reading up on lately with this device and VZW, my hopes aren't too high Smiley Sad keeping my fingers crossed....

0 Likes
kabull
Contributor - Level 1

Here Here to all three.  Who gives a crap about JB when this phone is plagued with way more serious issues.

0 Likes
danielcee3
Enthusiast - Level 1

i agree that we new improved radios that help signal out, but i disagree with bentmountain because jb adds a way better experience over ics the diffeneces are very noticeable.

0 Likes