Weird problems since ED05
kalnel

My phone has been getting worse and worse in the past week or so since ED05 came out.  I wasn't having any problems with calls before, but now I'm missing them -- they're either going to voicemail without ringing or appearing and freezing the phone.

It has also started randomly dialing out.  I'm certain I'm not pocket dialing or anything, because this has happened twice when the phone was on my desk or in a charger and I hadn't touched it.

Lots of weird force closes and other freeze-ups, too.  Today, I couldn't even turn off the screen -- I had to pul lthe battery.

Battery life has been getting worse every day.  (And I have four different batteries, so I know it's not a faulty battery.)

I've checked to see if I can update, but I get a message that says "server unavailable."  

What's my best bet for getting all this fixed, taking it to a store or calling in?  (Calling Verizon is not my idea of a rewarding experience, so I hate to even consider that.)  

0 Likes
Re: Weird problems since ED05
Wildman
Legend

kalnel wrote:

My phone has been getting worse and worse in the past week or so since ED05 came out.  I wasn't having any problems with calls before, but now I'm missing them -- they're either going to voicemail without ringing or appearing and freezing the phone.

It has also started randomly dialing out.  I'm certain I'm not pocket dialing or anything, because this has happened twice when the phone was on my desk or in a charger and I hadn't touched it.

Lots of weird force closes and other freeze-ups, too.  Today, I couldn't even turn off the screen -- I had to pul lthe battery.

Battery life has been getting worse every day.  (And I have four different batteries, so I know it's not a faulty battery.)

I've checked to see if I can update, but I get a message that says "server unavailable."  

What's my best bet for getting all this fixed, taking it to a store or calling in?  (Calling Verizon is not my idea of a rewarding experience, so I hate to even consider that.)  

Didnt this same post get posted already because this sounds very familiar?   As for the "Server Unavalible" error, most users reported that this was some how software related, check all your apps and see if installing them gets the update to function.

0 Likes
kalnel

No, I've never posted to this board before, so if it's familiar, someone is having the exact same problems as me.

What do you mean "check my apps?"  Everything is upgraded and current.

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

Didnt this same post get posted already because this sounds very familiar?   As for the "Server Unavalible" error, most users reported that this was some how software related, check all your apps and see if installing them gets the update to function.

There was a post just like this with ED04

It is like there are 2 different Fascinates Poorly Manufactured

If they send a update that fixes one set of phones it will Surely break the second set

My phone would not run on ed04 but is Completely fixed with ed05

My sons runs perfect on ed04 I have not put ed05 on it don't want to break it

So I don't Think there is a fix

I think they are trying to wait out until these phone's are out of warranty and just tell everyone sorry the warranty is over

Do not think they can release a update that can fix all the phones

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

wardcst24 wrote:

Do not think they can release a update that can fix all the phones

I agree but they can get the Gingerbread update out if they really wanted to.  Not a fix all but will make the device much better and resolve most of the issues that Froyo messed up.

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

I would be Surprised to see any updates after September that is when it was Manufactured

Froyo or Gingerbread

But that's just a Guess on my Part I Could Be Wrong

0 Likes
medawi

My phone was great until the 2.2 update.  Now even with ED05 its still messed up.  :smileysad:

0 Likes
rrman1219

Weird problems indeed!

Phone calls are still going to voicemail with no missed calls on phone.

Phone is constantly freezing.

Bluetooth will not connect.

Call Verizon and they just laugh at you and just want to send out another problematic Fascinate.  Verizon should recall everyone of these phones and replace them with something else.  5 updates to this phone and the problems are getting worse instead of better. All they say is to reset phone.  You can only reset the phone so many times.  When is Verizon going to realize that they have sold a piece of junk and honor their customers.

It is time for me to move to a carrier who cares about my business.  This experience has been much less than fascinating!

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

rrman1219 wrote:

Weird problems indeed!

Phone calls are still going to voicemail with no missed calls on phone.

Phone is constantly freezing.

Bluetooth will not connect.

Call Verizon and they just laugh at you and just want to send out another problematic Fascinate.  Verizon should recall everyone of these phones and replace them with something else.  5 updates to this phone and the problems are getting worse instead of better. All they say is to reset phone.  You can only reset the phone so many times.  When is Verizon going to realize that they have sold a piece of junk and honor their customers.

It is time for me to move to a carrier who cares about my business.  This experience has been much less than fascinating!

I think they are well aware of the problem

And the one year manufacturer warranty is just about Over after September all we will get is sorry your one year warranty is up

we can't help you

Sprint is looking pretty good two smartphone's with unlimited data for what I am paying for one phone

Can't miss any more call's than I have the last 3 Month's

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

kalnel, the issues you have identified have been reported and the update that occurred on June 9, 2011 should have resolved the missed call issue and "Server Unavailable" message issued. I would first check for any updates to your phone via the following link:

http://support.vzw.com/system_update/samsung_fascinate.html

If your still having issues, I recommend a hard reset to assist with resolving any further issues. Performing a hard reset will remove ALL data including the Google account, system data, application data, application settings, and downloaded applications. 

1. From a home screen, select Applications.

2. Select Settings.

3. Select Privacy.

4. Select Factory data reset.

5. Select Reset phone.
    Note If presented, enter the current passcode or draw the unlock pattern.

6. Select Erase everything.

0 Likes