What App to use for Birds Eye View of neighborhood etc?
bigfrank69
Contributor - Level 1

What is the best App but easy to use for when looking at ground view of neighborhood. I have an app called maps and I did it once and was able to check out neighborhood and now I don't know what I did or how to do again  to look at ground view of locations, houses shopping centers, stores etc.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What App to use for Birds Eye View of neighborhood etc?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
In the google maps, zoom to the area you want to look at. Long press on an street so the application can search for the address. When the results pop on screen, select it. In the new view about the location, press the button with a person symbol in it. That will switch you into street view.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3

While it won't give you a live view of the area, you can get that view by...

1. turning on your GPS service (that includes the two things regarding Google services which can be found in Settings/Location & security and Settings/Privacy)

2. going into Google Maps

3. pressing the thing that looks like something is layered (which is between the reverse tear drop/location and the compass icons)

4. selecting Satellite when the Layers pop-up appears

When you press back, it should start reloading the map into a satellite picture view.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

In maps, hit the little icon that looks like 3 sheets of paper up top and choose satellite. 

0 Likes
roachman55
Enthusiast - Level 2

PJNC284 wrote:

In maps, hit the little icon that looks like 3 sheets of paper up top and choose satellite. 

Will that give the street view where you actually walk around neighborhood  and looking at the fronts of houses or business. I think that is what Frank is looking for the view as if you were right there and I would like to do it too.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
In the google maps, zoom to the area you want to look at. Long press on an street so the application can search for the address. When the results pop on screen, select it. In the new view about the location, press the button with a person symbol in it. That will switch you into street view.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
DonM
Contributor - Level 2

You may need to go to android market and add the street view app before the option is available in google maps.

0 Likes
bigfrank69
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks everyone I will try all your sugestions

0 Likes