What Verizon should have called the Galaxy Nexus...
DarthHelmet
Enthusiast - Level 3

Consider what a direct from Google Galaxy Nexus does and what a Verizon Galaxy Nexus is allow to do, Verizon should really consider renaming their device to avoid confusion.  It really should be called the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Notus and here's why.

Who has timely OS releases directly from Google WITH DATES? Not us.

Who has an official Jelly Bean update released and running on their hardware? Not us.

Who has official Google Wallet support? Not us.

Who has a pure GED without preloaded carrier bloat? Not us.

I'm sure there are others, but you get the idea.

0 Likes
Re: What Verizon should have called the Galaxy Nexus...
cartersims
Enthusiast - Level 3

sounds like the opposite of the droid does campaign, lol

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You have no idea...

a GED can and DO have bloatware...  G2X is a GED, G1 was a GED, The original MyTouch was a GED.

Wallet is blocked by Sprint with their exclusive agreement.  I am willing to put money on that.  No carrier can put wallet on any of their NFC capable devices from the play store other than Sprint devices.  Side loading them works fine just like any other device out there.

Google HAS NEVER given a date on the release of their OS.  They push them out when they see fit, and timely is always subjective and JBQ(Even though he hates the approval process) has written to that effect.

Got to love people who don't even know what they are buying and what these devices were originally developed for.  I honestly wished Google kept the old process for these devices. 

0 Likes
cartersims
Enthusiast - Level 3

the should have called it the verizon nexus fake or verizon galaxy broken

0 Likes