What good is this phone without 2.2 with flash- really.
bass9510

is this true? I hope so,

http://www.gizmocrunch.com/android/4906-samsung-fascinate-android-22-froyo-update

It looks like Samsung Vibrant owners won't be the only ones enjoying that Android Froyo goodness for much longer as a leaked Android 2.2 update for Samsung Fascinate users has apparently landed in the hands of a developer (punkkaos) and may soon be available to the masses, unofficially of course.

Samsung Fascinate Android 2.2 update leaked

Punkkaos recently tweeted that he managed to get his hands on the Samsung Fascinate Android 2.2 update and the general word on the street hints to ROM being cooked up by him for the masses. In case punkkaos sounds familiar, he's the same guy previously known for Droid Eris ROMs).

The tweet simply says that he has the Fascinate 2.2 leaks, and that “You can’t have it yet,”. We like the word "yet".

More on this as it develops.

0 Likes
Re: What good is this phone without 2.2 with flash- really.
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

these phones work with flash lite and/or skyfire better than a lot of other phones.

0 Likes
bigfrank69
Contributor - Level 1

Mine works great i love it.

0 Likes
bass9510

I have flash lite,   It sucks,,,,,,,,, it is not the real2.2......honestly have you really used a true phone with flash.  I have it's great no comparison to my fascinate

0 Likes
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3

I'm sorry that you feel that this phone is ONLY good for visiting sites that require Flash player.  How do the millions of people with Apple products survive?  :smileysurprised:

This phone can be used for a lot more than surfing the web.

Personally, I love that I can use this to be productive (e.g., check/send emails, create/edit documents, and search for information online).  In a pinch, this can take the place of a laptop (although I still would rather have a laptop with me).  I love that I can use this for fun (e.g., watch non-Flash videos, surf the web, play games, chat with friends).  I love that this takes the place of many gadgets (e.g., no more carrying around a GPS, phone, and digital camera).  I can customize the phone through apps and widgets.

In fact, while I can do a lot with this phone, I'm sure there's so much more I could be doing with it that I haven't even begun to consider.  So, with the many things you can do with this phone, you decide to focus on one of a few things this phone can't do and say, "What good is this phone without Flash capabilities?  Really?

0 Likes
bass9510

I am happy for you, that you can do the limited amount the that you wanted to do with this phone. I just thought that I would be able to do what Version promised I could do, when I singed the contract. 

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

verizon never promised you full flash when you signed your contract. don't believe me? read it. this phone does EVERYTHING I have asked of it that it is supposed to be able to do (as specified by samsung). I'm not talking just piddling around on the internet, phone calls, and texting (all of which it does extremely well), but apps that make other phones cry home to mommy.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

here we go a-trolling so merrily along.

0 Likes