What happens when customers file a class action case against a phone company?
papa_leo
Contributor - Level 1

Have a look at what had happened to T-Mobile and its stubbornness to address customer concerns.

Shortly before the Christmas holidays of 2010, T-Mobile and Samsung stated that there is no working version of Froyo for Samsung Vibrant (Fascinate's "brother" in T-Mobile line).

It immediately triggered a "riot" among T-Mobile Vibrant customers, demanding the Froyo upgrade ASAP by posting tons of messages and treats with class action case, across dozens of blogs and web media sites.

T-Mobile and Samsung tried to play it down as they didn't take those treats seriously but T-Mobile customers had guts and secured law firm to file a class action case against Samsung and T-Mobile alleging that they are deliberately holding back Froyo update.

Just a few days after the class action case was filed by Edelson McGuire law firm in California, Illinois, New York, and Florida states, T-Mobile chief marketing officer Cole Brodman announced today that Froyo will be started to be delivered to Vibrant  starting tomorrow Jan 21, 2011.

How the hell in the wold T-Mobile and Samsung came out with a working, fully tested, and ready to be distributed Froyo version in less then 3 weeks is beyond my understanding (and I am an IT manager).

The morale of this story...if that what it will take Verizon and Samsung to upgrade Fascinate to Froyo, I am all for it. Verizon!!! Can you hear me now? 

0 Likes
Re: What happens when customers file a class action case against a phone company?
steveanderson13
Contributor - Level 2

Well, the settlement in the FCC/Verizon case, over the $1.99/mb inadvertent usage, might be enlightening.  I think each plaintiff got a few bucks ($2, $6, $10?) and the lawyers, if they received scale, would have received $25 mil.  Of course, if they had to divvy up that between, say, 100 lawyers, it becomes a pittance of $250,000.  So class action is definitely the way to go--the more plaintiffs, the bigger the fee.  Then again, it is just an update.  It would make a great "Perry Mason" episode.

0 Likes
Re: What happens when customers file a class action case against a phone company?
bass9510

Please will someone start one for Samsung Fascinate Verizon.  I work for at a large corporation, UTC that gives me a discount for using Verizon.  I like the Fascinate and tolerate most of the bugs but not having 2.2 with flash is a major pain in the neck. My wife got the X and I wish to God that I would have.  I am so limited with not having flash on this phone because so much of the web has flash.  I can not believe how they promise 2.2 for us and then just leave us to dry. I am really thinking about sending out a company wide Notification about Samsung and Verizon.  People need to know about how little they care about customer support. Please, please do not get this phone or use Verizon.

0 Likes
papa_leo
Contributor - Level 1

Is there any lawyer on this blog, who is using Fascinate on Verizon? Can you recommend your or any firm that would be willing to handle this type of class action lawsuit?

0 Likes
WiL2Fascinate
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have contacted a few law firms and they are viewing the poosibilty. As soon as i have an answer i will relay. It is looking good.

0 Likes
steveanderson13
Contributor - Level 2

That is great news.  Keep in touch.  What grounds did y'all discuss?

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

WiL2Fascinate wrote:

I have contacted a few law firms and they are viewing the poosibilty. As soon as i have an answer i will relay. It is looking good.

Looking good for the Lawyers to make some money off of you. LMAO

0 Likes
papa_leo
Contributor - Level 1
Lawyer's fee are almost always comes from a settelment fee. So as long as Verizon and Samsung will be tough a lessons, I am good with that.
0 Likes
WiL2Fascinate
Enthusiast - Level 3
Most Likely deceptive practices. But there are a couple other possibilities they said so, just a waiting game. And yes the fees will come from the settlement. I'm not in it to make money. I'm in it to teach these jerks a lesson.
0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

ha good luck with that. 

0 Likes