Re: What happens when customers file a class action case against a phone company?
LBell
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just seriously find it comical that any intelligent adult who bought any phone that they knew at the time they bought it (because some deceiving rep said it was coming soon to a phone near you) was incomplete or without the current 2.2 would buy the phone anyway if that was the selling point for them.  Seriously.  How ridiculous is that.  My rep mentioned the 2.2 upgrade possibility but never claimed by a date or time or anything of the sort.  I didn't buy my phone for some POTENTIAL upgrade.  I bought it for what it would do RIGHT NOW.

How many of you jokers bought a LED flat screen waiting on the upgrade to 3D?  Gosh I would love to sell some of you guys electronics. 

0 Likes
Re: What happens when customers file a class action case against a phone company?
roachman55
Enthusiast - Level 2

Lbell well put

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

diddo

0 Likes
papa_leo
Contributor - Level 1

I personally bought Fascinate for what it was when it came out.

I didn't put a word about Froyo in Verizon's salesman, managers, tech phone reps, or Best Buy Mobility reps. They are the ones with a big mouth telling left and right how great this phone will be soon when Froyo will be delivered.

All of them represented Verizon and now it is time to pay up.

Verizon should either train their reps to keep their mouth shut when they are not sure about something or deliver Froyo as they were telling us all along. In either case, this should be one of the lessons learn for Verizon.

0 Likes
LBell
Enthusiast - Level 3

Law suit this... law suit that.  I thought this type of "pay up" whiny 90 stuff was gone a decade ago.  Look my rep quite frankly was not wise to Verizon or their policies, products.  He was a T mobile customer that got a JOB.  That's it.  A Job.  And as much as some of us would like to think that people take their JOB seriously. Well. 

I could tell within a matter of minutes that this kid didn't know the first thing about what I was looking for or what I needed.  That was for me to decide.  He needed a sale.  End of Story. The rep and his manager tried to talk me into a different phone because I was haggling for the best deal I can get.  Bottom line.  The phone rocks.  It's fast, the screen is top notch.  I care less about bloatware until some how I find myself without space on this 18 GB possible phone.  I looked at the other phones.  I shopped on line for days prior to visiting a store.  I never even considered this phone.  I was debating the Blackberry and the Droid X.  When I saw the fascinate which that kid had.  I started playing with his phone, then the store model.  I checked out the other phones then and after almost three hours in the store, I walked out with the right phone.  Whining about Froyo and expecting perfection from human beings who are far from perfect seems futile and a waste of time.  What I am most concerned about is we all might get what some of you guys are asking for.  That one guy bass something keeps talking about how cool his wife's phone is with 2.2.  Really that is great.  She has a droid phone I believe which the Fascinate is not a droid.  It's a Galaxy S phone using and ANDROID OS.   Who know is the tweaks for that phone are the same for ours?  So at this point I think I would be happy to let the guys/gals who apparently know more about the operating systems and the phones tweak whatever they need and give me the dang upgrade without putting a rush on it to meet the whining demands of a number of people so I don't have to fix the first 10 bugs with 12 updates. 

I hope we get a quality upgrade and I hope sooner than later you guys who feel jaded, somehow get what you need.  I just don't see how all this complaining is actually going to get the process done any faster is all.  And the whole class action stuff is just crap.  So they are late.  How many times have we experience LATE from everything and everyone and some point or another.  It's life.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

lol.  We're still in a world of "if you don't like it, sue".  People are just way to gullible these days and want to get sue happy when they don't get what they want.  I highly doubt any rep guaranteed Froyo by a specific date.  If they did then they really shouldn't have a job.  Granted there were a lot of rumors floating around online about a November release and reps have a tendency to repeat speculation of devices and updates so it wouldn't surprise me if a rep said it MAY or SHOULD be out by November but I really doubt it was to intentionally mislead a customer just to get a sale. 

0 Likes
yoworm

LBell

Not everyone was complaining solely about FROYO some just wanted the phone issues that were known by Verizon and Samsung to be fixed.  As a customer who buys any item they have a right to have that item work correctly.  I fail to understand why you and others hate on a persons right to complain about a company who does not stand behind their products and services.  Verizon does not even take the time to address their customers and state something as simple as we know your phones do not work correctly and we are working hard to solve this problem and then finally some four months after the issue was known they release DL09 which disabled emergency call.  Maybe I am wrong but have you ever returned an item to a store that did not function correctly or did you just say to yourself I should have researched better and not return or complain about the items poor functionality.  My guess is that you returned the item and my guess is that many of those who are complaining like myself attempted to return the item prior to the 30 day window and were lied to about an update.  Of course the 30 days passed and some 4 months later we received a fix but no update.  Seems that 4 months of a 2 year contract is a significant amount of time and therefore there is significant cause to complain. 

So at this point I think I would be happy to let the guys/gals who apparently know more about the operating systems and the phones tweak whatever they need and give me the dang upgrade without putting a rush on it to meet the whining demands of a number of people so I don't have to fix the first 10 bugs with 12 updates.

You use the word rush as if it has not been 4 plus months.  The people at XDA usually have a ROM up with in 4 or 5 days after an Update is leaked.  Which baffles me because both Samsung and Verizon have IT departments and it takes 4 or 5 months.  Again this would seem to be ample reason to complain.

How many times have we experience LATE from everything and everyone and some point or another. 

So does this mean we should just accept things will be late?  How does your boss act when your late?  What if in a 2 year period you were to be late every day for four months.  I guess your boss would just say Its life and accept it.  You live a great world I would love to come in be a part of your world where life just happens.  I wonder why all those silly people fought for civil rights maybe we should have just sat back and let the powers that be run the world they way they choose.  That freedom of speech thing is just not needed Verizon and other Big business will take care of us we do not need to voice our opinions.

I just don't see how all this complaining is actually going to get the process done any faster is all

Well it seemed to work for T-mobile they complained about them being jerked around and FROYO was released.  Not to mention even though Verizon normally does not care about individual customers, I dont think they want the negative press that law suits will bring.  Obviously voicing concerns on the forum have not worked maybe it is time for the next step.  The only time a Verizon rep responds to anything dealing with FROYO or updates the answer is we have no ETA on when or if the update is comming.  They dont even admit that they have had FROYO in their hands for months.

I think that you have the right to exercise your freedom of speech to defend big business just as we have the right to complain about equipment and services that are not up to bar.

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

these phones are not DROID phones. they use hardware not found anywhere in the droid line.

0 Likes
ladybell
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yoworm - FYI this is LBEll aka Ladybell.  For some reason on this sight I had to create another sign on.  However, YOU are right.  I have had faulty items before and I have returned them.  No different than others and yes you should be able to voice your opinions as well.  That is what our freedom allows us.  I am not for big business though.  Sorry if that is the way my message came across.  But lets take the update out of the picture for just a minute. 

As a customer who buys any item they have a right to have that item work correctly.

If the phone worked like it should out of the box with the current OS, then its not faulty.  If the phone, like my first one, had an issue with a speaker or a GPS problem, freezing screen or whatever, I would assume most people would either use their local store reps or tech support to try every possibility to correct the issue either by awareness of how to use it or by tech support making the necessary correction on their end or by returning the item for a new device or a replacement.  Some promise of an OS upgrade does not constitute the phone working correctly.  At least not to me.  You on the other hand may have a different opinion and there is nothing wrong with that.

And my guess is that many of those who are complaining like myself attempted to return the item prior to the 30 day window and were lied to about an update.

This is the point I am trying to make - If you, for instance, returned your Fascinate solely for the reason that the 2.2 was not yet available on your phone, then why would you allow someone to convince you to hold off for an update that may or may not show up at some undisclosed date?  I mean why not just select a phone that had the thing you wanted the most?  What if you were so bedazzled by the fascinate that YOU chose to keep that cool phone and wait for the promised update, then does the finger not point back at you the buyer?  The whole reason for law suits is to provide a level of accountability for our civil rights in most case but what amazes me is the lack of accountability for the choices and decisions we make as consumers.  We all have the choice to make the decisions on what we need.  Stand your ground.

As far as how long Verizon and Samsung have had the update.  I don't like to put much value into rumors.  I mean sure I hear them, and I listen but until something actually comes to fruition, Rumors are nothing more than possibilities.  If I wanted to base how I spent my money on that philosophy then I would just invest in the stock market.  As for the real world though I spend my money on things I use regularly based on what I see, feel, hear, use and try in real time for what I can get out of it right now.  With this device I got all that and the potential for an upgraded OS but the OS is not the reason I selected the phone.

You live a great world I would love to come in be a part of your world where life just happens.

Come on in friend the water is fine!!  You can speak your mind too.  It's all good. 

0 Likes