What program will open .JPG in email attachment
HoosierPop
Enthusiast - Level 3

Searched the forum but couldn't find an answer.  I keep getting emails with .JPG attachments but it says that there is no program on the phone to open the attachment.  Went to the Play Store and tried a couple but they didn't work.  Probably something simple but I'm not seeing it.  Help!

0 Likes
Re: What program will open .JPG in email attachment
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Like photo attachments?

Are you using the Gmail app or the Email app?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
HoosierPop
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm using the email app and yes they are photos.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The gallery should open the photos for viewing after you have downloaded them.

I don't have my Nexus in front of me right now, but I thought there was first a load (depending on what you set email limit size) option and then there was a save option. Do you see something similar?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
HoosierPop
Enthusiast - Level 3

All it shows is a view button.  I have no option to save or download.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Well, that's sounds different from my Nexus.

Hopefully someone else might have an idea.

I can check my Nexus when I get home tonight.

0 Likes
HoosierPop
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just double checked and I have received attachments from this same individual where it gives me the save or view option and I can open the picture attachments.  I'm begining to think it depends on what format or program he's using to take the picture. Even though both come  to me as JPGs, there might be a different format.  I'm gonna contact him and see what he's using.  Thanks for the resonses and if you think of something, please post.